Is what the media is calling it, this guy is always funny and on target as to the demographics, etc of said protests:
Sometimes I ask myself why the hell I have 1200 rounds of 7.62 x 39mm ammo in a factory case, when I never shoot that caliber. Could have spent that money on something else.
Then I watch videos like this and think - oh yeah, that’s why. At the time it was bought it was cheap insurance in case of massive unrest.
So, do you have a X39 gun?
Do you think you’d use near 1200 rounds in an altercation or perhaps over several days?
Just playing Devil’s Advocate. Might be better to train with a 1k rounds and keep the rest in mags. (If one is to have only 1200 rds)
Well what you are seeing is the end result of the Socialists and Immigrants squeezing the French .gov until thier Public School System doesn’t have enough funds to Operate.
So because a Bunch of Socialists and Islamists have banded together ( Have you seen this Before? Where?) to empty the French Treasury Little French Kids can’t get a public education.
I would be Protesting if I was a French Taxpayer.
But Instead the French will put them in Zodiac Boats and point them toward England.
Notice that at all of these protests, both here and abroad, there is always at least one Palestinian flag present?
I’ve had people who pay attention point out to me that there is a dozen or so People who end up showing up at all of these Protests, over and over California to Minneapolis.
Now if some Red Neck in Tyler Texas can set me down with a Lap Top and YouTube Video’s and point out the recurrance of the same people (with screen capture) at different Protetsts WTF is the FBI doing?
No, those are fair questions, and honestly when I typed the posting, I imagined other members having the same reaction as you have expressed here. Let me provide some background and address your comments.
Back in the 90s we went through that period where Chinese guns and ammo were coming in at very attractive prices - mostly Norinco stuff. I seem to recall SKS rifles bottomed out at around 70-80 bucks at one point, and a lot of us were buying one just for blasting fun with them. Ammo was cheap - in addition to the Chinese stuff there was a lot of surplus coming in from former ComBloc nations after the fall of the Soviet Union. I don’t think many of us considered the SKS anything much more than a range toy, or maybe a truck gun. But at least it was a caliber that could be used for serious purposes if that was all that was on hand.
I myself was never too interested in the AK platform, other than as a curio.
But, as you might recall if you are old enough, the import of AKs was banned, and a lot of them were apparently held up in the pipeline that had already been paid for by importers. Eventually these were modified to escape the restrictions by milling off bayonet lugs and installing thumbhole stocks, which of course took away the lethality of the dreaded pistol grip. One result was the MAK-90, which had a stock with all the grace and beauty of a 2” x 4” and felt about as good in the hands. These were dumped on the market at fire sale prices, so I picked one up for - if I recall correctly - right at 200 bucks. After all, surplus mags were cheap at the time, and there was still lots of ammo available. I think it was Clinton who later banned the cheap Norinco ammo. But somewhere along the way I ended up with a factory case of 7.62 - it was always cheaper by the case.
Never shot the AK much - really hated the stock. Eventually a friend passed along a US built fiberglass (maybe plastic?) thumbhole stock that looks ridiculous but at least feels better in the hands.
So, to your questions, which are quite valid:
Do you think you’d use near 1200 rounds in an altercation or perhaps over several days?
I can think of no likely situations where I would go through that many rounds in a single altercation or even several. Indeed, if things got that bad, I cannot imagine surviving through a series of gunfights without ending up on the losing end. However, I can imagine that in case of complete societal collapse that surplus ammo (in common calibers) could hold value as trade goods. But that would be getting into some pretty serious Mad Max level scenarios. I am not expecting this to happen, but I will not say it is impossible.
Just playing Devil’s Advocate. Might be better to train with a 1k rounds and keep the rest in mags.
This is a totally reasonable assertion. I do my training - which is sadly limited due to funds and time - with an AR in 5.56. And yes, I do have a stockpile of that on hand - maybe around 2K rounds if I recall - probably a bit more. If the SHTF I would certainly grab the AR first.
If I anticipated having to shoot at vehicles, I might grab my M1A. Back-up to that would probably be the Garand. The MAK-90 would be far down the list - unless I really needed the steel-core penetrators used in the case of 7.62 x 39.
(If one is to have only 1200 rds)
Actually, throw in the other bits of ammo in 7.62 x 39 and the real total is over 2K rounds. Just the sealed case is 1200.
All of which brings me back to the original topic. I have a gun here I never shoot and a good supply of ammo for it. I have considered selling it many times, and I should have probably done so during the shortages of the COVID era, when people were scrambling to buy anything, but I missed that opportunity. But when I look at things like the riots, I wonder if it is such a bad idea to have some surplus capacity on hand. Like I said, it is not like I have a large investment tied up in it.
On the other hand, if I sold it off then that could free up some funds for other endeavors. I hear a CMP M-14 calling my name.
This is really falling into thread drift here, but it is an interesting question. Maybe I’ll start a new thread about the topic.
I’m actually quiet surprised with all of the Palestinian flags no one has shown up with an AK yet. Marseille is kind of the end of the line to smuggle everything from Africa and the Middle East into France, so there’s got to be a few around.
Maybe they are saving those in case someone draws a cartoon of Allaha
Well the same reoccurring people at these protests are being paid by the FBI or are FBI agents or other three letter agency assets doing what they’re told to do by said agencies.
I have seen videos on Inst gram this last week of a Muslim going into shops in Houston telling the people to stop selling things that are Haram or forbidden in Islam.
In the USA we currently have less than 5 million Muslims. Which in my view is 5 million to many. We will have terrorism from them sooner rather than later. The pattern in Europe is the second and third generation are the ones that radicalize.
Well we had a Somalian Gang Shootout at a Homecoming Football Game tonight in Minnesota, that’s Terrorism in my book.
100% terrorism.
If we had leaders in DC they would have passed a law to revoke both citizenship and green cards from every Somali and sent them back to Somalia. But the reverse happened the last administration told TSA to wave the regs and let Somalis back to their shit hole with bags of dollars all stolen from us. To the point they collapsed the Somali currency and the USD has taken it’s place
While the FBI has been known to use paid agitators to justify an investigation, I find it more likely that the recurring folks are just dedicated commie agitators who drive all over the place to sow dissent and confusion.
Someone has to distribute the signs printed by the Party for Socialism and Liberation. And I doubt that there are that many actual party members.
Dad used to talk about people being unknowing dupes of the communist conspiracy. I believe that the majority of the protestors carrying the signs have no idea that an actual communist group printed them - they just hate Trump and someone offers them a sign saying “The Trump Regime Must Go” and the clueless cheerfully hold up a sign and march.