Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: FNH's new red dot sighted .45 ACP combat pistol

Feedback Score
    I wonder if this gun would be a good match for that mini red dot Insight is making.

Feedback Score
    I think that this is a really interesting concept. I've shot my buddies USPSA OPen gun and even with a crappy C-more (I don't think it is very tolerant of off axishead placement) it was a hoot to shoot fast. All they need then is a gyro in the recoil spring to offset recoil anticipation and we are all good to go!

I wonder how one of those Trijicon RMR sights would fit on there? Might be a bot more robust than the Doctor? Lord knows that dot in the RMR is big and bright enough.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    I placed one of the Burris Fastfire RDS on my G35 and it has worked out quite nicely. I only wish I had the slide milled to accept a recessed sight (I have a plate that fits in the rear sight slot so no backup options).

I will say that shooting small targets consistently at 25 yards is MUCH easier now!

That FN seems like a real winner to me as well.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I've wanted to try this off and on for quite a while with a Glock, and almost even bought an M&P just to do this with.

Is this something that is going to be commercially available with threaded barrel and optic, or optic cut, and will this treatment make it to a 9m version?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I've wanted to try this off and on for quite a while with a Glock, and almost even bought an M&P just to do this with.

Is this something that is going to be commercially available with threaded barrel and optic, or optic cut, and will this treatment make it to a 9m version?
    +1 on that config Rob, especially in an M&P. If you end up finding someone to do it I'd be very interested. Maybe doing two will help bring down the cost. I want the second one, not the first one where they figure it out how to do it
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 09-01-09 at 09:20.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I'd be down to get a Smith M&P 45 set up like this. I can finally have a M&P!

Keep me updated guys.
    Last edited by loupav; 09-01-09 at 09:29.
    The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

JHP's are good times, for bad people.

Feedback Score
    I am really interested in this also. I hope FN releases it. Gemtech has one as a demo weapon and I tried talking Kel out of it but to no avail. It would make a great suppressed system.

Dave

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have been playing around with a micro aimpoint mounted on a Glock, using the aimpoint mount.

I like it, but it is easy to loose the dot if your presentation is not spot on. You end up looking through an empty tube, fishing for the red dot. I am thinking this is due to the nature of the aimpoint design.

Does the burris, J point, etc style have the same issue?
    ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraq Ninja View Post
    I have been playing around with a micro aimpoint mounted on a Glock, using the aimpoint mount.

I like it, but it is easy to loose the dot if your presentation is not spot on. You end up looking through an empty tube, fishing for the red dot. I am thinking this is due to the nature of the aimpoint design.

Does the burris, J point, etc style have the same issue?
    I have found the same thing with the Aimpoint, and I think the JP type are more forgiving in this department.

Feedback Score
    Sounds like FN may have something on their hands here if they can get it out. I think the blank to return it to a standard look is a nice touch. Those cut outs for sights on IPSC Open guns can look kind of funny if they aren't filled in.

Part of me likes the idea of 9mm. Less recoil, more rounds - just seems to me to better fit the 'speed' mode that a RDS would bring.

It's that simple.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast