Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: OHIO: Do NOT vote Kasich! Emergency 2A alert!

Feedback Score
    Could someone please tell Kasich to stop smoking pot right before he goes on stage. That was one of the most bizarre victory speeches that I've ever seen. He even seemed to be stealing a line from Saving Private Ryan when he told a girl in the crowd that her job was to become something bigger than herself; I was waiting for him to tell her to "earn this."
    Last edited by Sensei; 03-15-16 at 20:39.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Jeeze.... I don't think pot can make you sound that stupid.... if he's said more stupid than this.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s_u3AuwN4w

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by _Stormin_ View Post
    Actually it's pretty easy to see how these people would be a danger to themselves and others with any firearm. How does the firearm being a straight-walled cartridge make them somehow safer?
    I never said it did, the idea was, as I understand it, is that the straight wall calibers would have roughly the same range as a shotgun shooting slugs. I think the state was more worried about random bullets coming out of the woods, and hitting people's houses, cars, livestock, etc, The drunks will take themselves, and sometimes unfortunately, innocent people out. They always do.
    Last edited by ralph; 03-15-16 at 21:02.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Are you justifying this?
    Ohio isn't the only state:

"The National Rifle Association reports some states enforce restrictions on firearm hunters pursuing whitetails. Ten states mandate "shotgun only" during the firearm season. These states are inclusive of Illinois, Iowa, Ohio, Indiana, Maryland, New Jersey, Massachuetts, Delaware, Maine, and Rhode Island. Three states impose "shotgun only" restrictions on firearm hunters in designated areas. These include Minnesota, Michigan, and Virginia. Roughly, 25% of all states impose "shotgun only" restrictions."

In Ohio the shotgun and straight-wall cartridges are for safety - from 2010 - straight-wall rifle hadn't passed yet: "Certainly in some parts of Ohio the topography plays a role, but it's also a safety issue because of the urbanization we have,'' says Jim Hill, the Ohio Division of Wildlife District 4 wildlife management supervisor said. ``By and large, it comes back to safety.''

Don't know why but there is this:

"During my experience as an Illinois archer, I have investigated the underlying factors which have determined the state's success as a consistent producer of world class whitetail bucks. I believe Illinois and several other states have consistently produced large numbers of world class whitetails as a direct result of weapon restrictions enforced upon firearm hunters."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Kasich also voted for NAFTA and supports TPP. One would only hope that he totally drops out before the end leaving it up for battle between Cruz and Trump. I like both for different reasons.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Double3 View Post
    Still can't.

Only straight walled cartridge rifles.
    Can't in MA either. Shotgun, black powder, and bow only.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 03-16-16 at 08:55.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    kaisch only won Ohio because democrats declared themselves as republicans at the polling places and tried to de-rail Trump. Of course the 66 delegate kasich won in Ohio are Trumped by delegates Trump won in the other 4 states.
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Ohio isn't the only state:

"The National Rifle Association reports some states enforce restrictions on firearm hunters pursuing whitetails. Ten states mandate "shotgun only" during the firearm season. These states are inclusive of Illinois, Iowa, Ohio, Indiana, Maryland, New Jersey, Massachuetts, Delaware, Maine, and Rhode Island. Three states impose "shotgun only" restrictions on firearm hunters in designated areas. These include Minnesota, Michigan, and Virginia. Roughly, 25% of all states impose "shotgun only" restrictions."

In Ohio the shotgun and straight-wall cartridges are for safety - from 2010 - straight-wall rifle hadn't passed yet: "Certainly in some parts of Ohio the topography plays a role, but it's also a safety issue because of the urbanization we have,'' says Jim Hill, the Ohio Division of Wildlife District 4 wildlife management supervisor said. ``By and large, it comes back to safety.''

Don't know why but there is this:

"During my experience as an Illinois archer, I have investigated the underlying factors which have determined the state's success as a consistent producer of world class whitetail bucks. I believe Illinois and several other states have consistently produced large numbers of world class whitetails as a direct result of weapon restrictions enforced upon firearm hunters."
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Yes and no, I understand why the laws were written the way they were, and the fact is, I've personally seen too many drunk,stupid mother****ers out in the woods with loaded guns. You don't live here, so, I suppose it's easy to criticize...
    Florida has 6,000,000+ more people than Ohio, it's got a higher population density, and is the flattest state in the country - by far. (Ohio doesn't even make the top 5)

Additionally, if you think Florida isn't like...nationally known for having crazies and weirdos or anything, then you probably belong here.

Yet I can go hunt on public land with a .50 BMG.

So tell me again, what is Ohio's reasoning for restricting 2A rights?
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    kaisch only won Ohio because democrats declared themselves as republicans at the polling places and tried to de-rail Trump. Of course the 66 delegate kasich won in Ohio are Trumped by delegates Trump won in the other 4 states.
    The significance of OH is that it made a brokered convention reasonably possible. Had Trump swept all the states, it would have been almost impossible to outright beat him, and very difficult to force a convention fight. As it stands now, there is a very good chance that Trump will come to within 100 delegates of 1237 but fall just a bit short.

IMHO, it all depends now on if the non-Trump vote coalesces around Cruz. I'm not talking about establishment players like McConnell or Ryan making a public endorsement which may actually undermine his efforts. Instead, I am talking about people like Walker, Jim Jordan, Sasse, Paul, etc. Personally, I do not think this will happen. I suspect that the establishment would prefer Trump to Cruz. That is because Cruz has poked the eye of too many people in the Senate.
    Last edited by Sensei; 03-16-16 at 12:56.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    That's simply not true. The anti-trumps on M4C tell me that Democrats vote for Trump to make them more successful in the primary.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast