Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: XD's.....why do you all hate them so much?

Feedback Score
    scottryan, do you like anybody?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimalMother556 View Post
    scottryan, do you like anybody?
    This is probably better suited for a private message or email.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by recon by fire View Post
    When I was in an advanced short range marksmanship class taught by the Army shooting team, I asked some of the guys on the Army shooting team if they liked the XD. They said that they like the XD, and it's a good pistol. I had a XD .40 with a ported barrel. I liked it very much.

The opinion of these people has to be taken with a grain of salt as their exposure to other platforms outside of what is issued to them is limited.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blob View Post
    If you consider a GLOCK 19 and S&W M&P-9 to be low-bore, then yes I have.

What about a Browning BDM or a CZ75?
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    19 (88%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Ok sir, I know that you are an industry professional, but have you had any personal experience with the glock in .40? My number one rule is to KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER. In my honest opinions those articles dont mean a dam thing. Every single gun ever made has had problems, but I would never in my life put the glock 40 in the same catagory as the xd, because I can trust my life wit the glock but never had enough shooting time to say the same for the xd.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I think it is fair to say that it is universally accepted that the 40 S&W Glocks were under engineered and that the larger (than 9mm) cartridge accelerates wear and parts failure.

I'm sure your pistol is perfectly fine, but that doesn't negate the experiences of multiple departments/teams with the platform.

M_P
    Last edited by Business_Casual; 09-14-09 at 10:39.

Feedback Score
    19 (88%)
    And that is what it all comes down to, personal experience.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kyrin88 View Post
    And that is what it all comes down to, personal experience.
    No, it doesn't.

There are people on this board who are in a position to supervise hundreds of thousands of rounds downrange through a number of different platforms every year, or who are intimately familiar with results seen from widespread use of a platform among a number of issuing agencies.

In other words, all opinions are not equal.

It's simply a fact that in aggregate .40 caliber Glocks are not as reliable and durable as their 9mm counterparts. Individual specimens can be found that work splendidly...but there are a number of agencies who have dropped .40 caliber Glocks after having major problems with them. The Indiana State Police come to mind immediately as they had such problems with .40 caliber Glocks that they made Glock give them 9mm guns instead.

If your personal .40 caliber Glock works, then so be it...but that doesn't invalidate the informed opinions of our SME's and IPs who are often in a position to see a lot more than most. Samples of 1 are never as good as samples of hundreds.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    My main problem with the XD's is the inability to retract the slide without engaging the grip safety--this makes one-hand injured operation very difficult. This is a no go for me. In addition, in some high round count government tests, the .40 XD's have broken a lot of parts...
    Hey, Doc, even with one hand manipulation, how exactly do you try to cycle the slide with out depressing the grip safety. The slide in my teeth while I put two fingers into the mag well? I have a hard time figuring out how to hold the gun with enough purchase to manipulate the slide with out having to hook the back of the grip where the safety is.

Maybe hook a finger in the trigger guard? Eck!!

I do think it is not the greatest 'feature', and I guess anything that can could cause an issue is a potential fault.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    What about a Browning BDM or a CZ75?
    Can't say that I have.
    I like girl scout cookies.

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast