Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: XD's.....why do you all hate them so much?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    while i'm sure a lot of this is the gun, i also strongly suspect that this is a lot to do with the fact that most XD owners are highly inexperienced shooters... limp-dicking, shitty ammo, maybe even poor condition (floating around under the truck bench for a year without loob/cleaning).. combined with a weapon that had probably only been fired 50 times with some aluminum-cased Blaser that came free with the gun before the class..
    I would venture a guess and say this applies to most gun owners (not ones that post up here, or on other boards). Doesn't matter if you have a XD, MP, etc. I have a MP and a XD, both are great guns, and no issues with either platform. Right now I have about 8K downrange with the MP and 18K downrange with the XD. Some say the XD's grip safety sucks, or that the trigger sucks, and yes at first I agreed. Now I don't notice either and the trigger has broken in nicely. I don't notice the muzzle flip at all.

Try it if you can before you buy it. If you shoot it well and it works then go for it, but to lump XD shooters in the limp-dicking, shitty ammo, etc category is pretty uncalled for.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennvol12345 View Post
    but to lump XD shooters in the limp-dicking, shitty ammo, etc category is pretty uncalled for.

The vast majority of XD owners fall into this category because the vast majority of firearms owners are in this category. There is nothing incorrect about bkb0000's assumption.

You have to realize this forum is the elite of the elite. The average gun owner knows nothing about what goes on here or in other serious circles.

Put it this way, when I walk into Cabelas, Scheels, or just an average gun store, I am lucky to find one gun in there I am remotely interested in. I already own the guns in there or they are bubba guns that suck and do nothing for me. Most guns fall into the later category.

The average gun owner goes into these places and lusts for all that stuff in there.
    Last edited by scottryan; 09-13-09 at 22:27.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crusader377 View Post
    I don't think the XD is a bad pistol but I do think that they are overpriced. I have fired both the 9mm and the .45 and they were ok but they were not worth the $500-$600. For that price I can think of numerous other pistols that are either more proven or better designs.

IMO, if the XD was priced around $300 to $350 it would be a pretty good bargain but for the prices that Springfield are asking for it, I would much rather get several other pistols over the XD.
    The HS2000 was an outstanding $325 pistol. The XD, as a $500 pistol, simply does not stack up to a Glock, M&P, or hell, any number of used SIGs and HK's.

That is the primary beef I hear from people, though I did have a friend make the change to Glock because of the spare parts issue.

It seems to have been a victim of it's own success, in having SA pick it up... seems like SA kills a lot of firearms like that.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    After owning an XD9 for over a year and a half and reading this thread, my personal experience has been pretty much the opposite. I find the ergonomics to be great (part of the reason I bought it), replacement parts can be purchased easily (xdguys.com), muzzle flip is NOT bad like people say, I was able to find magazines for around $15 pre-Obama, GREAT accuracy, blah blah. With the exception of some underpowered Magtech ammunition my pistol has been quite reliable after >2000 rounds or so. The trigger is fantastically smooth and crisp with a long reset, but you can easily learn to overcome that aspect.
    I like girl scout cookies.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    all you guys that say muzzle control isn't an issue: have you fired a low bore axis weapon of the same caliber?

if not, i think you'll probably be surprised..

Feedback Score
    When I was in an advanced short range marksmanship class taught by the Army shooting team, I asked some of the guys on the Army shooting team if they liked the XD. They said that they like the XD, and it's a good pistol. I had a XD .40 with a ported barrel. I liked it very much.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    all you guys that say muzzle control isn't an issue: have you fired a low bore axis weapon of the same caliber?

if not, i think you'll probably be surprised..
    If you consider a GLOCK 19 and S&W M&P-9 to be low-bore, then yes I have.
    I like girl scout cookies.

Feedback Score
    My main problem with the XD's is the inability to retract the slide without engaging the grip safety--this makes one-hand injured operation very difficult. This is a no go for me. In addition, in some high round count government tests, the .40 XD's have broken a lot of parts...

Feedback Score
    19 (88%)

Arrow

I have a glock 23 and I love this gun, you guys know all the details...XD doesn't have a fraction of experience as the glock pistols have. I have shot my friends xd in 45 acp( full frame)and I literally hate the dam thing
    first of all it wasn't that accurate at even 10 yrds, making a 5" group and had 5 FTF. PMC ammo
    I tried to carry it in my friends holster and it is very uncomfortable and buldges to much.
    I dont know, that is just my little experience with this gun.

Feedback Score
    Last edited by DocGKR; 09-14-09 at 02:45.

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast