Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Blue Force Gear Vickers Combat Applications Sling - single point mod

Feedback Score

My BFG Mod

This is the mod I came up with this spring. I've used it a bit and I think it will work fine. I had a guy who surges carpet sew the d ring in for me. Its heavy duty. And seems to be good to go.

Feedback Score
    I tend to use a slider to retain the D ring as it is easy and effective. However a sewn in D ring would be the way to go IMO.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by marco.g View Post
    Front sling attach point:
    Is that an Ace sling loop or something else?
    Ken in Texas

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    its an ace sling loop.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Thanks!
    Ken in Texas

Feedback Score
    I noticed that some connect the two point sling up near the front sight, some connect it back near the delta ring, and some connect it near the middle of the hand guard. Can somebody please tell me the advantages/disadvantages of these positions or it just a personal preference? Thanks Rob, I have rigged a sling just like the one you pictured on the first page and am really pleased with the way it works.

Thanks

Lennie

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I have my two point sling to the front of the handguard because it is more comfortable and the weapon stays where I want it. It does not transition to the support side as well. That is why some folks run their slings closer to the delta ring and the castle nut because it allows transition to the support shoulder. Try it with an empty gun and you.will see what I mean. Make sure you do something because it works for you.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Lennie there's a thread here somewhere that went into a lot of detail on how people liked their slings attached. The poster started out by labeling the attachment points A for FSB, B for barrel nut, C for receiver end-plate, and D for stock. he had a poll, IIRC where he asked if people liked A-C, A-D, B-C, or B-D and there are a lot of posts about why people like one over another.

It really comes down to personal preference. I, for example, like the front attachment point at the barrel nut because it keeps the sling out of my way for my support-hand grip and potential light-activation.

Feedback Score
    Oh, yeah, I see what you mean about the two point out by the FSB and going to the suport side. I have found that shooting, transitioning to the support shoulder and transitioning to a secondary weapon with the single point sling works great, but when I tried climbing, draging something or working around a car where I had to use my hands the single point was dificult and painful.

As soon I as I saw Rob's modified single point sling a light bulb went off and I realized I could switch between single point and two point depending on what I needed to do (that big ring by the castle nut makes two point to single point pretty easy). I have practiced it, even in the dark, and can do it pretty quick. But I have not yet tried making the switch when I was stressed and tired. If you don't mind, what is your experience making the transition from single point to two point and back again when under stress? Is it practical (or even possible)?

I am searching for the thread on how poeople liked their sling attached.

Thanks

Lennie

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LennieT View Post
    I am searching for the thread on how poeople liked their sling attached.
    Think this might be it.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast