Quote Originally Posted by Core781 View Post
I would say the 12.5” is too short for a one carbine solution. I would lean towards 14.5-16” up to 18”. How far would you engage a threat with the 12.5” with MK262? How far would you engage a threat with 55g cartridges if that’s all you had access to? You would be better served with a 14.5-18” barrel.

The reality is we do not have the luxury to predict when, where, and at what distance a threat may present itself. The 10-12.5” is versatile but not ideal upper for a one carbine solution. That’s my point.
I don't shoot 55 gr for anything other then training at 50 meters or closer. I have had bad experiences with 55 gr in the real world. I have taken shots, with hits, at 500 m with 62 gr ammo. I would not take a shot with a 14.5 or 16 inch barrel beyond that either.

One of the points that you are missing is that we are talking about is all types of situations, not just long range. Vehicle operations can be difficult with a 14.5 with a can on it. It is much better with a 12.5 and can. Driving around in a HiLux with a M4 is a Pain. Try even getting into a hilux with an 18 ich SPR with a can on it......

Nothing is perfect, but we are discussing the BEST solution. And i can tell you that less then 10% of the shots i took in combat were over 50 meters. And I have a "few" months doing this for real.