Page 21 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: Got Testosterone?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Dropped an email to my doc and he just ordered blood tests for me… Any truth to having them done first thing in the morning? He said prior to 8:30am would be best, does it matter?

ETA - I thought this was a pretty good article for the layman and it also has 2 age related T charts that I hadn't seen before.
    T levels for men tend to be highest in the morning, so that's why it's generally recommended to do it then.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    T levels for men tend to be highest in the morning, so that's why it's generally recommended to do it then.
    Thanks, that's what I thought. I would think you'd want to know what it is at your lowest point as well… Maybe that's why I don't wear a stethoscope.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thanks, that's what I thought. I would think you'd want to know what it is at your lowest point as well… Maybe that's why I don't wear a stethoscope.
    I'd say the most important issue is consistency but various factors can alter T levels over the day, so morning, consistent time, allows consistency in the results, which is the more important issue.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    As I have said in this thread and others here, topical routes are generally sub par for getting T levels where needed, and for some (like you it appears) are close to worthless. Very common in my experience. See urologist (they are more than capable of dealing with your issue) and go in being very clear what you want, and knowing the details of what you want and why. Take some time to re read this and other threads on the T topic, and in armed with details of what you feel would be best for you, and if he/she is a decent doc, will work with you to find the appropriate course of treatment for you based on your prior experiences and current status.

Good luck.
    Thanks Will, soonest I could get with the Urologist is Feb 4th. The saga continues. At least my GP Dr did refill my androgel script thru that period. I think this may be a wild goose chase and will eventually have to change to another GP doctor who I know WILL do this, but trying to honor existing Dr's wishes first.
    "Those who do can't explain; those who don't can't understand"...

Feedback Score
    Dropped an email to my doc and he just ordered blood tests for me… Any truth to having them done first thing in the morning? He said prior to 8:30am would be best, does it matter?

ETA - I thought this was a pretty good article for the layman and it also has 2 age related T charts that I hadn't seen before.
    I've always done mine first thing in the morning because I have to be fasting and I want to get something to eat ASAP. I'm getting a full panel of tests for cholesterol, A1C levels, etc....

Did your doctor say if you're supposed to fast? (Nothing to eat or drink except water after midnight)
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Fasting is to get a good read on blood glucose. It may affect other tests to buy is primarily glucose related.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    Two broken Tigers, on fire in the night,
    Flicker their souls to the wind...
    -Roads to Moscow

Not Forgotten:
    http://www.virtualwall.org/dk/KillenJD01a.htm
    http://www.virtualwall.org/db/BoddenTR01a.htm

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Just got my results back today.
    Testo = 553 @ 40 years of age. Maybe slightly low for my age range, chart says 668, but I think I can boost that naturally.
    TSH = 1.77 but I'm not sure what that is.
    VIT B-12 = 739
    VD25-OH = 50.3

And about 50 other things but they're all in the middle of the ranges.
    Last edited by Irish; 01-23-14 at 13:31.

Feedback Score
    Just got my results back today.
    Testo = 553 @ 40 years of age. Maybe slightly low for my age range, chart says 668, but I think I can boost that naturally.
    TSH = 1.77 but I'm not sure what that is.
    VIT B-12 = 739
    VD25-OH = 50.3

And about 50 other things but they're all in the middle of the ranges.
    What was your level of free testosterone??

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by heat-ar View Post
    What was your level of free testosterone??
    I believe it was 553. Really I think I'd like to have it around 800 but I haven't had a chance to talk to my doc about the results yet.

ETA That was the total actually. Not sure if it's listed on mine. I'll have to double check.
    Last edited by Irish; 01-23-14 at 15:40.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I believe it was 553. Really I think I'd like to have it around 800 but I haven't had a chance to talk to my doc about the results yet.

ETA That was the total actually. Not sure if it's listed on mine. I'll have to double check.

It looks unlikely you're a candidate at this time for TRT/HRT, but this article has lots of useful info one should know before embarking on that:

How Is Testosterone Deficiency “low T” Diagnosed? – Things you need to know before going to your doctor
    Last edited by WillBrink; 01-23-14 at 17:11.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 21 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast