Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What colors to use for urban cammo?

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    - Double Tap -
    Last edited by DeltaSierra; 11-01-12 at 19:15.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSierra View Post
    Talk about over-thinking a very simple project....

Painting a rifle to look "cool" is pointless - unless you have a need for a camo'd rifle, don't bother.

If you do paint it, paint it so that it is effective, not "cool" looking...
    Well I want it to be effective, I just think camo paint jobs actually look cool. I want to keep this rifle for SHTF situations, so as I may not have a need for it to be camo'd now, I might in the future.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Talk about over-thinking a very simple project....

Painting a rifle to look "cool" is pointless - unless you have a need for a camo'd rifle, don't bother.

If you do paint it, paint it so that it is effective, not "cool" looking...
    If somebody wants to paint their rifle to look cool, who are you to tell them not to?

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    If somebody wants to paint their rifle to look cool, who are you to tell them not to?

It really doesn't matter who I am.

I'm simply offering my opinion, based upon my experience.

Most civilians have no purpose for having a camo'd carbine. If they want one, fine - I'm just a little sick of hearing about how "I wanna do ____ because it looks cool."

If you have no practical purpose for doing something, you either have too much time on your hands, or too much money in your bank account - especially when you start obsessing about meaningless stuff (like, how your carbine looks,) and overlooking important things.

Most civilian shooters would be better off by purchasing any number of items (a Surefire flashlight, for example) rather than wasting their time painting a carbine, much less worrying about whether or not it looks cool.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you have no practical purpose for doing something, you either have too much time on your hands, or too much money in your bank account
    What is your practical purpose for giving him a hard time because he wants to paint his rifle?
    Last edited by Warp; 11-01-12 at 21:17.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    It really doesn't matter who I am.

I'm simply offering my opinion, based upon my experience.

Most civilians have no purpose for having a camo'd carbine. If they want one, fine - I'm just a little sick of hearing about how "I wanna do ____ because it looks cool."

If you have no practical purpose for doing something, you either have too much time on your hands, or too much money in your bank account - especially when you start obsessing about meaningless stuff (like, how your carbine looks,) and overlooking important things.

Most civilian shooters would be better off by purchasing any number of items (a Surefire flashlight, for example) rather than wasting their time painting a carbine, much less worrying about whether or not it looks cool.
    I get what you are saying, but I did not want this thread to turn into an argument.

I'd much rather spend my time training, I just cannot do that right now, but what I can do is projects to set my mind to. It is good for me when I have something to do while home to take my mind off things.

I guess I should have never asked.
    Last edited by Zane1844; 11-01-12 at 23:19.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If you want YOUR rifle to blend in....paint it to match YOUR AO.

You want a custom paintjob with skulls and crazy shit, or you want it to blend in?

IMO, all you need is a pattern to break up the shape...nothing more.

I use some vertical and horizontal stripes on my carbines in FDE, it matches my AO and breaks up the shape. Simple and effective.

If youre looking for colors to use....walk outside and check out the surroundings.

Is it winter? lots of brick? tan grass or green? Trees? concrete jungle?

You will have a better idea for what you NEED.
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic
    Danger@Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/m41979/

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BCmJUnKie View Post
    If you want YOUR rifle to blend in....paint it to match YOUR AO.

You want a custom paintjob with skulls and crazy shit, or you want it to blend in?

IMO, all you need is a pattern to break up the shape...nothing more.

I use some vertical and horizontal stripes on my carbines in FDE, it matches my AO and breaks up the shape. Simple and effective.

If youre looking for colors to use....walk outside and check out the surroundings.

Is it winter? lots of brick? tan grass or green? Trees? concrete jungle?

You will have a better idea for what you NEED.
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties. Real rough area of operations there.......

OP on second thought, actually listen to everything he says. His camo is so effective in this pic, I didnt even notice the carbine.
    Last edited by Split66; 11-02-12 at 00:40.
    http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQ2zEv1ukzyH_aeFG6-amwPk7CUBz7b4URcTQ8lFFl-LOLSDkQ

"BRD, much like the Wutang clan, is nothing to f@ck with"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties. Real rough area of operations there.......

OP actually listen to everything he says. His camo is so effective in this pic, I didnt even notice the carbine.
    Sig line!
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic
    Danger@Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/m41979/

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Bootyflage. Cover and concealment solutions for the 21st century gunfighter....By BCMjunkie.
    Last edited by Split66; 11-02-12 at 00:56.
    http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQ2zEv1ukzyH_aeFG6-amwPk7CUBz7b4URcTQ8lFFl-LOLSDkQ

"BRD, much like the Wutang clan, is nothing to f@ck with"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast