Quote Originally Posted by memphisjim View Post
i have a 3.5 inch 00 buck in the chamber then slug,oobuck slug ,slug all 2 3/4 in the tube
I hope this was a joke post... "Dutch" loading a shotgun is a huge no-no...

Quote Originally Posted by prc77 View Post
Low recoil, patterns great.
Just curious is the Federal PD132 a low-recoil load? For some reason I thought it was a standard load.

Quote Originally Posted by hatidua View Post
I tried some of that a few weeks ago. That wonderful FliteControl Wad kept the pattern to a single 1" hole at 30' away (cylinder bore barrel on an 870). Not sure what it has over slugs at that point. In a shotgun, I want an actual pattern at 30', not a single hole the size of a quarter.
This is one of the discussion points that comes up regarding Flight-Control shells... if you need/want THAT tight a pattern, why not switch to a slug at that point?

Anyone who is actually using buckshot for a HD shot at 25yds or more needs to strongly consider the benefits of learning a slug-select technique imho.

Whatever you do, every shotgun will pattern differently with different ammo... you have to pattern your own gun at each distance you plan to use it (extrapolation isn't really the best choice) with your ammo of choice.

I keep a stock of Remington low-recoil #00 buck and standard 1oz slugs with the shotgun in the safe, myself.