Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: How to SBR Your Lower by Scottryan

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've read and skimmed through most of the info on this thread which has helped me a great deal. I'm getting ready to start the process of turning my lower into an SBR.

My question is, do I need to contact the ATF via phone and request 2 form 1's, compliance form and finger print cards? Or can I just fill them out on the Adobe downloads and print/use those from their site?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if I missed this somewhere along the lines. I just want to make sure I take my time with this and get it right the first time!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lil'Zeus View Post
    I've read and skimmed through most of the info on this thread which has helped me a great deal. I'm getting ready to start the process of turning my lower into an SBR.

My question is, do I need to contact the ATF via phone and request 2 form 1's, compliance form and finger print cards? Or can I just fill them out on the Adobe downloads and print/use those from their site?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if I missed this somewhere along the lines. I just want to make sure I take my time with this and get it right the first time!
    You can fill in the pdf files and print them, just make sure you print both copies front and back [and try to get them facing the same direction]. Check if your CLEO does prints, they may have the cards for you.

Otherwise order your forms from here instead of calling: http://www.atf.gov/forms/dcof/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Great, I can do that. I do have a two sets of prints on the official cards that I was going to use to get my C&R FFL which used to be required in the state of MO in order to obatin class 3 weapons. They have changed the legistlation requirements now and I no longer need that.

My finger print cards have my old address printed on them and I have moved, do you think I should get new ones done just to avoid any potential problems or just use the ones I have?

thanks again!

Feedback Score
    I'm not sure, but I'd probably want to get new ones made. I know they have to have been done in the last year and probably should have the same address on them, but you might be ok...I'd call the NFA branch on that one

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Buy a factory SBR and solve the problem. For example, and LE6921 runs around the same price as a LE6920.
    Totally agree. It is important to point out that a factory made SBR from say Noveske will generally hold it's value where as the one with "Jo Bob, Whooville, WI" printed on the side... well as the OP pointed out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Javelin View Post
    Totally agree. It is important to point out that a factory made SBR from say Noveske will generally hold it's value where as the one with "Jo Bob, Whooville, WI" printed on the side... well as the OP pointed out.
    Yeah, I don't plan on ever selling mine though

11.5" SBR by st33ve0, on Flickr

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by st33ve0 View Post
    Yeah, I don't plan on ever selling mine though

11.5" SBR by st33ve0, on Flickr
    Very sweet rig!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So my question is why do I need 2 copys of the Form 1 and why do I need 2 copys of the fingerprint form?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cody0341 View Post
    So my question is why do I need 2 copys of the Form 1 and why do I need 2 copys of the fingerprint form?
    Form 1: They keep one copy and return one to you when the background check is complete.

Fingerprint cards: IIRC, they send one to the FBI and keep one for ATF records.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by st33ve0 View Post
    Form 1: They keep one copy and return one to you when the background check is complete.

Fingerprint cards: IIRC, they send one to the FBI and keep one for ATF records.
    thank you my friend

Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast