Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
No, it doesn't.

There are people on this board who are in a position to supervise hundreds of thousands of rounds downrange through a number of different platforms every year, or who are intimately familiar with results seen from widespread use of a platform among a number of issuing agencies.

In other words, all opinions are not equal.

It's simply a fact that in aggregate .40 caliber Glocks are not as reliable and durable as their 9mm counterparts. Individual specimens can be found that work splendidly...but there are a number of agencies who have dropped .40 caliber Glocks after having major problems with them. The Indiana State Police come to mind immediately as they had such problems with .40 caliber Glocks that they made Glock give them 9mm guns instead.

If your personal .40 caliber Glock works, then so be it...but that doesn't invalidate the informed opinions of our SME's and IPs who are often in a position to see a lot more than most. Samples of 1 are never as good as samples of hundreds.
I realize that, and trust me I DO take into account their opinions and experiences. I will most likely acquire a GLOCK 19 some time in the near future but until then, my XD will (probably) continue to serve me as well as it has in the past. Oh well. Different strokes for different folks.