Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st AR preference....

Feedback Score

1st AR preference....

Got to be honest, cant make up my mind for my first AR.... Like to get some opinions on some of the options I am considering.... Let me know what you think would go with for a 1st time AR....
    Starting with the Bushmaster M4 A3,Colt SP6940, Daniel Defense V4,Red Jacket Firearms KMP-DI, Stag model 2T, or BCM M4 carbine mod 2.

When im searching these guns on this forum I get mixed opinions since you can find so many threads about them all. So I'm going to base my decision of the replies that I get to this thread now. Thanks for the input people...

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Talking

Research is a VALUABLE tool! Might I suggest - https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    The colt, DD, and BCM are better quality than the other listed.

I would pick between those 3 based on the price and features you want

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Colt, BCM & Daniel Defense are your only smart choices from the ones listed. The Jokers at Red Jacket can't even build an AR as seen in the latest episode.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Its funny how just because they have a show people think red jacket makes a good AR.

Last I heard they were making an AR that worked in the
    desert?

OP if you want a rifle that you wont regret stay away from the gimmicks. Get a bare bones Colt 6920,DD of some variety, BCM, Noveske. Noveske being the most expensive. Avoid rails and super +1 accuracy gadgets for a while until you figure out what you want.

Or buy something and spend the next 6monthes of paychecks tearing it apart changing this and that...
    I wish I went the smart route first time around.

Feedback Score
    Im sorry that i'm not using the search, but I could spend all day on this forum researching what people have posted about the guns on here, and I dont have that kinda of time. I do like what I'm hearing, an thanks for the opinions... Kinda was leaning towards the Colt but just wanted to get some opinions first.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by raptor700 View Post
    Im sorry that i'm not using the search, but I could spend all day on this forum researching what people have posted about the guns on here, and I dont have that kinda of time. I do like what I'm hearing, an thanks for the opinions... Kinda was leaning towards the Colt but just wanted to get some opinions first.
    Ok get the Colt then.

Thread Closed.
    Go Balls Deep

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    These threads are getting more and more frequent.

OP if you want a cool rifle, send a money order to me or any other member here and you will get one built.

What exactly are you asking?

What rifle to buy?

The only thing you will get asking a vague question like that is everyones preference...nothing more.

BCM is mine, DD COLT etc etc.

Get a rifle and shoot it
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic
    Danger@Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/m41979/

Feedback Score
    Out of your list definitely go with either the Colt, Daniel Defense, or BCM.

My personal preference would be the Colt 6920 or 6720. My reasoning for the Colt over the other two is mainly due to resale value and popularity with the general shooting community. Even though DD and BCM make exceptional rifles that would perform as well as a Colt, they are relatively unknown outside the M4/AR enthusist community whereas if you buy a Colt at a good price from either GRtactical or DSG arms which are both selling them under $950 you can pretty much guarantee that you wouldn't lose money if you ever had to sell it.

Feedback Score
    The amount of really good info here can be overwhelming when you do some research, but it's really worth taking the time to sift through.

My preference, from what I have owned personally? Colt and BCM are money well spent. Start basic, work from there.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast