Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FLETC bans the SERPA!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apricotshot View Post
    This "news" just hit my agency today. Panic has ensued. I like seeing guys debate holster usage that only actually draw from their holsters when it's time to qual.
    Mine too. I did, however, thoroughly enjoy forwarding the email to the personnel that had repeatedly argued with me on the range over their holster choice. Like you, I noticed they tend to only draw on qual days. Go figure.

Feedback Score
    Good news, but someone better tell the other branches of the military. The Serpa is the most common holster I've seen in AFG, and it's sold in the BX in quite a few places.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have used one for over three years and love mine and more importantly haven't had one issue.

Guess I better study up on this.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    My agency now issues the Serpa holster to new hires at the academy. I prefer and carry a Safariland ALS/SLS holster. I have been warning people about the unsafe nature of this holster and I hope this FLETC advisement helps provide impetus for change to a holster that is more safe, reliable, and secure.
    Last edited by sgtjosh; 01-12-12 at 18:55.
    US Army Military Police 97-03
    Federal LEO/M.R.T. 05-Present
    NRA Life Member

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -E. Hemingway

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it."
    -Jack Nicholson (A Few Good Men, 1992)

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Here's me being shocked that the SERPA is getting attention for being a ****ed up design....................................................
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    My agency issues Serpa Holsters. We are currently in the T&E process for getting a new departmental Pistol and I think that this notice coming out will also really help me in getting rid of the Serpas as well...I hope. It's just hard because the folks whose lives don't depend on them love the price point.
    We are the first Warrior class in any Civilization to be provided with weapons and no belief system...... Dave Smith

Feedback Score
    My friend purchased one for 3-gun. I told him of the possible issues. He returned it the same day and bought a Blade-Tech.
    Last edited by Joker; 01-15-12 at 03:38.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12