Quote Originally Posted by SpookyPistolero View Post
It's apparent that modern doctrine supports the use of an isosceles style. For those who use that style, when you drive the pistol forward, do you fully straighten both arms outward or leave them 'bent'?

On your reloads, do you keep the gun up and on target, or pull back slightly into a 'workspace'?
I extend my arms without locking them. While reloading, I bring the gun back to an index position in front of, and slightly below the level of my chin.

Do you also change your visual focus to your weapon during the reload, or use your peripheral vision while keeping your eyes on the target?
My focus goes to the pistol during the insertion of the magazine into the well.

When drawing your pistol, who favors driving the pistol straight towards the target( a-la Jeff Cooper), and who rotates it up and pointed at the target, and then drives it forward (a-la Clint Smith)?
I bring it up, just below the level of my chin and under my dominant eye, then press it forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
If you are blocking your vision, you are doing it wrong.
The gun does not need to be directly in front of your eyes, blocking your field of vision, rather, it is simply placed in the line of sight with the threat/threat area. Placing the gun there allows you to momentarily shift vision from the threat/threat area to the magwell as the magazine is inserted, while still keeping the threat in close peripheral vision. The eye shift lasts for less than 1/2 second and movement will still be apparent. It keeps the head up and eyes forward.

Let's look at the disadvantages of dropping the gun:
The gun will be pointed, unaimed at normal human height.
If something goes wrong with the reload, focus will bring the head down, and vision will tunnelize on the gun and ground, away from the threat area.
The movement from belt to magwell will be inefficient and awkward, especially at combat relevant speed.

Just my experience.
What he said...