Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Got Testosterone?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I started weekly shots about two months ago. Nevermind energy, mood and overall feeling of wellbeing, I have significantly increased benchpress & squat weight/reps, lost body fat, something that i couldnt achieve in a years time prior. this treatment is amazing, at 41 i feel like im in my 20s.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You guys are killing me. My Dr. Continues to only proscribe Androgel; after two years of it I still don't have any improvement. Last weeks test yielded a 177, yet he still doesn't seem to sense any need to do something about it. I like this guy, but I'm going to have to find another Doctor. I'm SOOO tired of being tired all the time...
    "Those who do can't explain; those who don't can't understand"...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skydivr View Post
    You guys are killing me. My Dr. Continues to only proscribe Androgel; after two years of it I still don't have any improvement. Last weeks test yielded a 177, yet he still doesn't seem to sense any need to do something about it. I like this guy, but I'm going to have to find another Doctor. I'm SOOO tired of being tired all the time...
    Your numbers would be poor for non treatment status, much less being treated with TRT. Find a doc you can work. Good luck.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Your numbers would be poor for non treatment status, much less being treated with TRT. Find a doc you can work. Good luck.
    Will, I finally asked my Doctor (when getting my refill today) to either raise my dosage, strength or change something, because I'm getting pretty fed up with it all. He agreed (why he didn't do it earlier when he knew it was low himself) to up my dosage 50% for this month, then retest to see if I had any improvement. When I went to the Pharmacy, I asked asked the Pharmacist if he might have any idea why my Dr. seems hesistant to want to do anything more. He said the only thing he could think of was the increased cancer chances. I also asked if it might be because of my other prescriptions/family risk, etc. - He couldn't say. I asked him if they had others with this script and if these dosages were working for them (he said he'd ask). I asked him why, after two years, this didn't seem to be working and all he could say is just maybe my skin doesn't absorb it.

What would the side effects/risks be that would cause my doctor to hesitate to go further? Just his lack of education on it? Looking above, I don't have any of the PSA/Prostate problems specified above...I like my Doc otherwise, but I'm getting aggravated enough to look for another...
    Last edited by skydivr; 12-10-13 at 16:33.
    "Those who do can't explain; those who don't can't understand"...

Feedback Score
    I've been researching this issue and several other potential causes of low T are head trauma & or concussions, spinal injuries, extreme caloric restriction (usually not an American issue) or repetitive incorrect weight cutting - so if you wrestle, box or compete in any weight measured sports be careful. I know I'm going to be a lot more sensible w my boys approaching wrestling as they move out of peewee.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Fasting is to get a good read on blood glucose. It may affect other tests to buy is primarily glucose related.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    Two broken Tigers, on fire in the night,
    Flicker their souls to the wind...
    -Roads to Moscow

Not Forgotten:
    http://www.virtualwall.org/dk/KillenJD01a.htm
    http://www.virtualwall.org/db/BoddenTR01a.htm

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Just got my results back today.
    Testo = 553 @ 40 years of age. Maybe slightly low for my age range, chart says 668, but I think I can boost that naturally.
    TSH = 1.77 but I'm not sure what that is.
    VIT B-12 = 739
    VD25-OH = 50.3

And about 50 other things but they're all in the middle of the ranges.
    Last edited by Irish; 01-23-14 at 13:31.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Just got my results back today.
    Testo = 553 @ 40 years of age. Maybe slightly low for my age range, chart says 668, but I think I can boost that naturally.
    TSH = 1.77 but I'm not sure what that is.
    VIT B-12 = 739
    VD25-OH = 50.3

And about 50 other things but they're all in the middle of the ranges.
    What was your level of free testosterone??

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by heat-ar View Post
    What was your level of free testosterone??
    I believe it was 553. Really I think I'd like to have it around 800 but I haven't had a chance to talk to my doc about the results yet.

ETA That was the total actually. Not sure if it's listed on mine. I'll have to double check.
    Last edited by Irish; 01-23-14 at 15:40.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    I believe it was 553. Really I think I'd like to have it around 800 but I haven't had a chance to talk to my doc about the results yet.

ETA That was the total actually. Not sure if it's listed on mine. I'll have to double check.

It looks unlikely you're a candidate at this time for TRT/HRT, but this article has lots of useful info one should know before embarking on that:

How Is Testosterone Deficiency “low T” Diagnosed? – Things you need to know before going to your doctor
    Last edited by WillBrink; 01-23-14 at 17:11.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast