Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Blue Force Gear Vickers Combat Applications Sling - single point mod

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Lennie,

I would not try messing with your sling during a stressful incident. I would think the change should just be an administrative change ie. I have to dig a hole or search a car an need two hand and my weapon out of the way or okay I will be searching this building and should switch it to single point before we start. Fine motor skills are alot tougher under stress.

Quote Originally Posted by LennieT View Post
    Oh, yeah, I see what you mean about the two point out by the FSB and going to the suport side. I have found that shooting, transitioning to the support shoulder and transitioning to a secondary weapon with the single point sling works great, but when I tried climbing, draging something or working around a car where I had to use my hands the single point was dificult and painful.

As soon I as I saw Rob's modified single point sling a light bulb went off and I realized I could switch between single point and two point depending on what I needed to do (that big ring by the castle nut makes two point to single point pretty easy). I have practiced it, even in the dark, and can do it pretty quick. But I have not yet tried making the switch when I was stressed and tired. If you don't mind, what is your experience making the transition from single point to two point and back again when under stress? Is it practical (or even possible)?

I am searching for the thread on how poeople liked their sling attached.

Thanks

Lennie
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    I thought about this thread a few weeks ago and finally found it again. I did something similar with my VCAS from 2 point to 1 point using a steel D ring, HK snap hook, and the magpul RSA.
    Very fast and easy to use the HK snap hook to latch onto the D ring and or the RSA.

Feedback Score

Impact Weapons Components - 2 to 1 Point Triglide

Guys,

When I was looking for a way to make a 2 to 1 point convertible sling, I did not want to switch over to an HK or M.A.S.H. Hook because I use Push Button QD Swivels on my LMT CQB MRP which has the sockets built in.

Like Rob_S, I considered switching to HK Hooks and a D-Ring, but really wanted QD's, did not want to add weight, could not find a black ring that did not wear.

So I designed our 2 To 1 Point Triglide, which threads into a sling with a free end (VTAC, VCAS, BOONIE PACKER, GUNSLINGER, GEAR SECTOR) and allows it to function with HK, M.A.S.H & QD's. Our Triglide is CNC from 6061-T6 Billet, Mil-Spec Hardcoat TYPE III and replaces an existing polymer triglide on your sling, and no sewing is needed.

So far, Tactical Link, Ares Armor, Savvy Sniper, URBAN E.R.T and two other Top Shelf sling makers as well as Brownells, Sexyweapon and other on-line retailers offer it in their product portfolio.

Check them out here: http://store.impactweaponscomponents...1potr1for.html

My Demo Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-zzm_bhEcI

Customer Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyH4FePduSI

$19.95 + $3.95 S&H

Feedback Score
    BFG is suppose to be coming out with a 2-1 point VCAS sling soon. Uses a QD swivel instead of a hook.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    BFG is suppose to be coming out with a 2-1 point VCAS sling soon. Uses a QD swivel instead of a hook.
    That's interesting. Whn I started this project I contacted them and they said they weren't intersted in a 1-2.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MOUNT-N-SLOT View Post
    Guys,
    Like Rob_S, I considered switching to HK Hooks and a D-Ring, but really wanted QD's, did not want to add weight, could not find a black ring that did not wear.
    I think for some users, myself being one of them, I was very critical of the MS2 set up or any set up that placed the connection point hard and fast on one side of the sling. With my MS2 when switching to the support side it caused the sling to twist and slightly bind. While it wasn't a huge factor it was annoying enough that I chose to avoid it. With a D-ring under the sling and say an HK hook, when going to the support side the HK hook slides to the opposite side and prevents the sling from twisting.

Your product is definitely innovative, however for myself it looks like it would twist the sling even moreso and for myself that would be a no go. Thank you for producing options for people to chose from. That is always a plus.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    The Tri slide is exactly what I wanted last year trying to get my BFG to work right. I had given up on it and decided that I was not sure why the "tail" was needed and ended up with this set up. So far it has done everything very well.

USMC MSGT Ret. 1371

SEMPER PARATUS Certified AR-15 Armorer

"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." -Alexander Hamilton

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    That's interesting. Whn I started this project I contacted them and they said they weren't intersted in a 1-2.
    About 8 months or so ago I attended a demo presentation for the DoD and a few other agencies. This was for Pelican and Blue Force Gear. The guy they had working for BFG (very nice guy) hadn't been with them very long. He was some gear and showing the group various slings that they had. He and I got to talking about one of my original VCAS BFG slings of the first generation and one of the first batches made for resale. I could tell this guy was still learning the trade so to speak and we talked sling variants etc. I talked about how I used to sew my own webbing and buckles etc years ago and my evolution of my VCAS convertible sling. He was interested and I showed him my rifle and current set up that I had in my vehicle. While I don't exactly keep it a secret, he was very very interested in my concept and hadn't seen one rigged like it. I would not be surprised by their releasing a version like this from his obvious interest and the market demand. I would also be interested in seeing what they are releasing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    Looking forward to that!

MOUNT-N-SLOT

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I should also say that I specifically did not want QD swivels for the end of the sling that moves. I find them too hard to engage/disengage when going back and forth. The nice thing with the HK snap hook is that once it's un-hooked it is very quick to re-hook, and un-hooking is IMHO faster than the QD swivels. When I'm using this sling at drills night I may go back and forth a dozen or more times in a 4 hour training block, so it starts to add up.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast