Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Colt 7.62x39 AR15 available again CR6762

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Is it actually 1/12 twist? (that is sloooowwww).

Does it run 100% with C products mags also?

How is accuracy?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    I don’t know about the twist. Does Colt mark it on the barrel? If not, I can measure it using a cleaning rod when I get back home.

I don’t know how it runs with CProducts magazines. I’ve only tried ASC, D&H and RZE.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I’ve seen pics of this model marked 1/12 on the barrel. But verification would be helpful.

So 100% with all those other mags is a good sign.

Of course accuracy is one of the main draws to a x39 AR.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Last edited by GRA556; 04-04-24 at 17:18. Reason: double post mistake
    Never forget every word you spoke when you took your oath of office.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I was surprised to run across this while searching gun.deals. I searched this site and didn't find anything. In fact, I searched YouTube and didn't find anything regarding this new release. So, there's no real information, but it's something that we literally have not seen in decades. The model number is CR6762.

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/cr6762

Does anyone know if they sell just the complete uppers?
    Last edited by GRA556; 04-04-24 at 17:19.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I keep seeing this thread get posts. These don't make sense. 7.62x39 is more expensive than 5.56 I heard. So more recoil, shitty ammo, shitty accuracy. What's the appeal?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The appeal: it's cool.

From what I can tell, 5.56 and x39 is about even now. Some brass x39 is the same. Also, Wolf is not crap and often outshoots Hornady.

Some folks have stockpiled x39 high when prices were 1/2 what they are now. [did it make MORE sense 5 years ago? Yup].

A DI system can eek out 1.5-2 MOA compared to double with a decent AK. Some like a bolt hold open, and ergos of the AR or just something different. ARs just have more standard stuff, asy rail solutions, and again the DI yields generally better accuracy.

DI guys want piston guns. Piston guys want DI. Its Murica.
    Last edited by m4brian; 04-04-24 at 17:16.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I keep seeing this thread get posts. These don't make sense. 7.62x39 is more expensive than 5.56 I heard. So more recoil, shitty ammo, shitty accuracy. What's the appeal?
    Some states prohibit any sort of hunting with any round that is .22 -based. 7.62x39 is an excellent deer and hog round in thick woods and brush. The recoil isn't that much more and the accuracy is far better in an AR, and/or PTR 32, than an AK. As for ammo the 7.62x39 made in the Balkans is excellent ammo, as is other brass casing 7.62x39 ammo.

Feedback Score
    Why a 7.62x39 AR15? Get one for the same reason you can get a 5.56x45 AK. You can and it's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    So more recoil, shitty ammo, shitty accuracy.
    7.62x39 is not an inherently inaccurate cartridge. It's just that most of the cheap ammo that's been offered is made to lower quality standards. Quality 7.62x39 can hold its own.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Why a 7.62x39 AR15? Get one for the same reason you can get a 5.56x45 AK. You can and it's fun.

7.62x39 is not an inherently inaccurate cartridge. It's just that most of the cheap ammo that's been offered is made to lower quality standards. Quality 7.62x39 can hold its own.
    I've seen plenty of shooting reviews where Wolf, Russian steel cased ammo outshoots Hornady or some other more expensive ammo. e.g. - just watched one where a short barreled 'AR 47" shot SUB MOA - and I think it was Wolf - so the 'hey its Russian steel so it sucks' thing is a misnomer.

Here is the other thing. Sure, you can get a Galil or a PTR do just about as good, BUT they are VERY heavy pigs, and cost a ton. Some guys are assembling reliable accurate ARs for several hundred, and they are 1-2 LBS lighter.

And yes, a VZ 58 is a totally great weapon, light, and almost AR accurate (at least a tad closer), but its > $1500 and the aftermarket support is quite limited and the trigger is just NOT in the same ballpark.
    Last edited by m4brian; 04-05-24 at 08:24.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast