-Lead with your eyes. I thought I did, but I do not do it enough.
-Increased distance makes any and all “over swing” from target to target very apparent. For example at a close range (7m) my rifle might swing out the the outboard side of the A zone. However out at range, that once seemingly irrelevant over swing now put my sights on the C/D border line.
-This really forces the ability to make the gun go “stop,fire…go…stop,fire…go” rather than “speed up,overswing,compensate, fire”
I am banging out another range trip this weekend, I have some more ideas for some drills with increased distance, stay tuned.
I made up another drill called the “9 hole auto” that will be testing the ability of the shooter to shoot longer strings from these positions. Stay tuned.
Tools in the tool box is good. Until it overflows.
For me the basis for going with the broke back over the urban prone is for the sake of being able to drop into it.
In my mind this position is somthing that is a “ahh shit, stuff just started popping off, I gotta shoot this dude from underneath this, well I better hurry up, now that I have shot him I gotta move”. So for me this means that speed into/ speed of shot/ speed out of the position dictates what I use. Typically it is broke back prone that wins this arguement. But not always as demonstrated by the video.
This might seem wild and out of the blue but bear with me. I was looking through some pics of the training you did at Ft. Harmar, it looks like you have the problem of slightly sticking your tongue out.
Suprisingly alot of people (myself included) do this when we are thinking hard/ straining etc.
This can become a problem when you get the crap scared out of you and you bite down, or something happens which causes you to bite down.
Could be, but I never really noticed it before. My son (who is 6) sticks his tongue out when doing anything from handwriting practice to sports. :jester: