Thread: Where to order S&W pistol parts?

Feedback Score

Where to order S&W pistol parts?

Because it ain't from S&W.

I needed the safety delete inserts for an M&P Compact. 40 2.0 and a new recoil spring assembly for my M&P .45 2.0.

I read of S&W sending the safety plugs out for free.

I check S&W website for the recoil spring. It says, "Call to order". Weird.

So I called them. They charged me $14 for the safety plugs, but would send the recoil spring for free. Uh...okay!

In about 2 weeks I got the plugs. No mention of the spring.
    That's what I thought. The guy messed up they aren't handing out $25 recoil spring assemblies. But what if they do? I'll wait.

Yesterday, 4 weeks later I think, I got a package from S&W. The paper said it was a recoil spring assembly but the part was labeled and contained an extractor roll pin. Gee, thanks.

Oh, I forgot to mention the 2 tiny delete plugs came in a box about 14" x 10" x 10"! The roll pin came in a little manilla packet one would expect.

Anyway, I'd rather pay for a recoil spring than wait 4 weeks for a free, wrong part again.

Any good sources for factory S&W parts?

Oh, I'd previously bought a Wolf spring, but failed to see i had to use thier guide rod. So i bought that. The new spring ("Factory strength") was so weak it couldn't close the slide with the gun muzzle up. What kind of crap is that?

This has been my tale of woe just trying to get a factory recoil spring assembly for my S&W that's maybe 5 yrs old and currently produced.
    Last edited by Ron3; 06-20-24 at 06:56.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Natchzess ? Shooting supply

Midwest Gun Works

Feedback Score
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/3415183828?pid=257405
    I found the referenced M&P .45 recoil spring "kit" on MidwayUSA doing a search.
    I admit to not knowing anything about the S&W M&P series.
    Post 1, is one of my worries regarding buying any handgun which isn't a Glock or 1911.

Here's another possibility found on Ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/13407838966...3ABFBM6K--_YZk

Feedback Score
    Thanks.

I'm on Brownells email list when it comes back in stock.

And I'll give S&W another try.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I had a boogered up screw head on a police trade in model 10. Before I learned how to repair them myself, I called S&W to order a replacement, they weren't in stock.

Dude took down my details and about 8 months later one came in the mail, they didn't charge me a dime and I had completely forgotten about it or even which revolver it was for.......Had to check my inventory for the matching part.

I'd give them another shot. Make sure you give them the part number, not the name of the part.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 06-20-24 at 21:12.

Feedback Score
    Keep in mind S&W relocated not long ago, so most of the CS are new. I understand it sucks getting jerked around, but I'd try again and maybe you will get one that has a little experience.
    If you can find the part number, that would help.

When they were still up north they would send the RSA's for free at least for the 9mm 1st gen guns.

I bought the safety plugs from Midwest gun works several months back for the new PC comp 10mm I aquired, S&W said they were out of stock at that time.

Feedback Score
    midwestgunworks.com
    Great selection and fast service.
    Skip

Feedback Score
    G&R tactical used to sell sw parts, I imagine they still do.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    G&R tactical used to sell sw parts, I imagine they still do.
    Out of stock. They all are. Thanks, though.