Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New pistol rules

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
    This answer always seems to come up whenever there's a question about pistols. Some of us don't want to register our weapons with the ATF and pay $200, some of us don't want to have to ask permission from the ATF to take our weapons across state lines. There's a reason the OP asked about AR pistols and not SBR's
    He asked about shouldering a pistol with a brace (aka using an SBR).

I'm saying don't poke the bear, if you want a SBR just pay for it instead of playing the semantics game. If you want a pistol great, then don't use it as an SBR which is what all the nonsense has been about.

As to crossing state lines, send in the form with all states you might enter and it's done, super simple and you're not doing anything illegal. Is $200 really worth all the drama, to me it isn't.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post
    Is $200 really worth all the drama, to me it isn't.
    My issue is not the $200… I’ve paid it for a SBS, a few SBRs and all of my suppressors.

My main issue is the engraving part. With the recent pressure on shipping companies, it is difficult/costly to get my firearms engraved. That is also why I jumped on the amnesty, because the receiver just used the original stampings rather than having to add my own… but saving $1,200 did go a long way.

I’m sort of tossing between getting a PSA Krinkov to SBR or one of those A-Team Mini-14s. I’d prefer the Krinkov, but shipping a pistol is a pain/expensive. If I can argue that it is a “rifle” upon shipping… Priority and hit the “That Was Easy” button. But unfortunately, I know the regulations and try not to break them intentionally. So, UPS or FedEx… overnight with a large pistol will be a couple times more costly.

For the 5320.20… I do those each fiscal year for the states I will travel to or have previously. If I think I’m going somewhere different for work (trainings or SW border temporary posting), I’ll put it in as soon as I know.

Worst case, now that we are in the post SC decision… two pins and pistol lower. That was my intent when the amnesty happened (kept a brace for that predicted lower build), because I think we all knew it wasn’t going to hold water. All of the pistols I registered were going to be SBRed as I got the time/money.

I mean, I’d love it if the NFA was dropped. But with my job, following the rules is sort of a given. I’m not kissing my career goodbye for unregistered NFA items… especially with the chance of one or two of them potentially being used off duty.

Feedback Score
    The last guidance that I read about pistol braces was that they are "not designed to shoulder" like a stock, so shouldering is not illegal.

Feedback Score
    He asked about shouldering a pistol with a brace (aka using an SBR).

I'm saying don't poke the bear, if you want a SBR just pay for it instead of playing the semantics game. If you want a pistol great, then don't use it as an SBR which is what all the nonsense has been about.

As to crossing state lines, send in the form with all states you might enter and it's done, super simple and you're not doing anything illegal. Is $200 really worth all the drama, to me it isn't.
    Shouldering a pistol brace is not using an sbr. Its still a pistol via the written law. There are no loopholes, only laws thst arent worded the way certain people want them to be after the fact.

Bullpups are also a "loophole" based on the intent but no one gives a shit because the entire premise is BS

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Shouldering a pistol brace is not using an sbr. Its still a pistol via the written law. There are no loopholes, only laws thst arent worded the way certain people want them to be after the fact.

Bullpups are also a "loophole" based on the intent but no one gives a shit because the entire premise is BS
    Look up the definition of pistol, it does not say a good damn thing about shouldering, it says designed to be held and fired with one hand.

Cheap gun owners screwed up the brace thing using them as an SBR.

The brace was designed fie crippled people to be able to fire a pistol by clamping it to the forearm.

It is embarrassing how cheap gun owners are. It's been a law for damn near a century that an SBR requires a stamp (again look up the definition of pistol).

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    "It's been a law for damn near a century that an SBR requires a stamp"

HA! So what? So just because an immoral, unconstitutional law has been on the books for that long, you accept and embrace it?

Pathetic.

Feedback Score

HA! So what? So just because an immoral, unconstitutional law has been on the books for that long, you accept and embrace it?

Pathetic.
    You don't like the law then man up and change it, otherwise don't be a cheapskate playing the semantics game.

Breaking laws that are SIMPLE to follow (because you're cheap) is actually what is pathetic.
    Last edited by .45fan; 06-24-24 at 16:46.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How long can the barrel be on a pistol lower.

Example, Anderson lower bought new stripped transferred as other.

Can a 11.5" upper be used? How about a 14.5" upper?

Is there an over all length that changes the designation from pistol to other?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You don't like the law then man up and change it, otherwise don't be a cheapskate playing the semantics game.

Breaking laws that are SIMPLE to follow (because you're cheap) is actually what is pathetic.
    LMAO!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I think we found the guy who patrols the range in search of "violators." I can shoulder a buffer tube too bud, you gonna report that?

What is truly pathetic, he doesn't understand the ATF can't make law, which is why the whole brace BS was vacated.

A statist to the core, and a broken limb on the tree of liberty.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast