Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just made a claim for a hailstorm hitting my roof W/AUSA

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by THCDDM4 View Post
    PM me what state you’re in if you’re looking for a referral on a roofing contractor- I can hit one of my suppliers up and get a local to you recommendation for a solid company if you like or have the need.

Eagleview is the satellite measuring tool/company most roofers use for their measurements. Xactimate is the bidding software most use when working with insurance.

ETA- conduct proper due diligence on whomever you decide to work with. Companies that pay deductibles don’t give away money, they take something from somewhere else, usually quality. Contact your local building division and ask them the roofer that has the fewest failed inspections- that can always be a good indicator of quality work.
    I sent you a PM.
    Thanks, I appreciate it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eightmillimeter View Post
    Being as you have USAA, they will probably be able to work with your contractor(s) directly and it won’t be too difficult. Other big name companies run the gamut from exceptional to horrible.
    They may do okay with roofs, but they dont have a clue about water damage, ask me how I know.
    The last roof they replaced for me was seamless.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    They may do okay with roofs, but they dont have a clue about water damage, ask me how I know.
    The last roof they replaced for me was seamless.
    Seamless as in no issues or seamless as in the stuff that is almost like a pool liner?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    So far yesterday I had six contractors come out to give me an estimate.
    I have one estimate in my hand so far and although they have been here, I still haven't heard from USAA with an estimate of the payoff.

So far I've heard,
    I will give you 500 dollars.
    Well, we just do roofing, the chimney and wood trim we will not do.
    We don't do work on fences.
    Well, let me tell you I've been doing this 30 years and....

Really? I just want my home repaired and if you can't do what I want please leave. I don't want money and I'm not going to work with you to F*ck my insurance Company.

I will say this, the estimate I do have was given to me within 4 hours and he was clearly the most proffesional.
    Six is a LOT. Guys around here seem pretty busy. Be lucky if one showed up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123