Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FNH's new red dot sighted .45 ACP combat pistol

Feedback Score

FNH's new red dot sighted .45 ACP combat pistol

FNH is coming out with a double-action .45 that can be carried cocked and locked
    with a low mounted Doctor red dot sight mounted into the slide. It has iron sights
    that co-witness with the red dot. Barrel is threaded for a sound suppressor.

This is the first social pistol I have seen come from the factory with a red dot.

Think its the way of the future?
    Article and pics here:

http://www.tacticalgunfan.com/index....d=535&Itemid=1

Feedback Score
    Way of the future? Probably for duty/tactical style pistols. It has been posted several times in the past on here, however this is the first that any one has mentioned it being released to the civy market. Does anyone from FN want to chime in and confirm/deny?

Feedback Score
    They told us it was coming out this fall at an editorial roundtable last week.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I shot the prototype at a LAV class last year that SF 1911 was attending(without the small red dot), it was pretty sweet.
    Last edited by Heavy Metal; 05-12-09 at 21:33.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    "supplied with one 15-round magazine and two 14-round magazines"

Whats the deal with that? Are the 14 round mags flush and the 15 round mags extended like a Glock's +2?

Feedback Score
    Yes, 15 round mag is extended

Feedback Score
    Yes, it is being released.

From what I understand, there will be different plate interfaces for several different MRD's to mount to it... I heard it from a guy who knows a guys who met me
    Brett W

Elite Defense
    Vice President of Domestic Sales and Marketing

FN Senior Manager of Assault Weapons - SCAR Program 2006-2010
    Former Troy Industries Inc Director of Operations 2003-2006

Each Warrior wants to leave the mark of his will, his signature, on important acts he touches. This is not the voice of ego but of the human spirit, rising up and declaring that it has something to contribute to the solution of the hardest problems, no matter how vexing!
    -Pat Riley

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    This seems to me to be the way of the future. Does anyone have a setup this slick on a 1911 slide? I have seen a few, but they all replace the rear sight.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    I also heard the Japanese defense force is running these

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Probably reliable and tough. FN usually makes good stuff. Wouldn't mind having one. Wonder what the price will be?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast