Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FNH's new red dot sighted .45 ACP combat pistol

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    If you can handle the size the FN pistol is a great value. As to the Doctor sight, it might be great but it is going to get exposed to a lot of fouling of the optic if you fire more than just a few rounds.

Feedback Score
    I must say, I like it and especially if it comes in black and not OD. The different frame colors don't do it for me, I prefer evil black. I also like the co-witnessing, they did this one right by the looks of things.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I really wish this thing had some sort of LEM trigger option. I want one, but I can't stand where the thumb safety sits in relation to my thumbs.

Feedback Score
    Ever try a dot-sight on a carbine? Find it useful? (most folks find it useful). It is FAR more useful on a handgun.

I've shot USPSA & 3gun for over a decade now. Handguns are more difficult to learn to shoot well than carbines. I've shot dot-sighted handguns and I've shot with only irons - the dot is MUCH quicker to learn.

If you ask about carbines, the Dot sight has clearly "arrived" as a useful combat tool. It should not take long for the world to recognize how useful a co-witnessed, reliable dot on a handgun can be.
    Last edited by TY44934; 05-14-09 at 15:58.

Feedback Score
    The first time I saw a picture of a Docter red dot sight on top of an auto pistol was in 1991... let's see if it catches on now

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    The first time I saw a picture of a Docter red dot sight on top of an auto pistol was in 1991... let's see if it catches on now
    The Son Tay raiders had the earliest version of red dot sights on their guns when they pulled off their raid. It only took another 25 years for the technology to catch up to prove the concept. Most small dot sights, like the doctor, are notoriously fragile. If they can make a sight the size of a doctor but with the robustness and battery life of an aimpoint than we are seeing the future. Frankly I think we are still 5 to 10 years away from that.

Feedback Score
    rubberneck, I agree with your "5 to 10 years"... we'll see.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I like it. But want it black.

Kinda makes me want this sight setup for one of my USP's.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrolAR View Post
    Interesting concept and something I've heard other people talking about. I'd be interested in seeing it applied to something like the Smith M&P.
    There was a thread a while back where someone on here had a docter optic on his M&P, but he had to have his slide milled out, in order for it to fit. It would be interesting to see that site mounted on my FS M&P45 though.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    +1 rubberneck's comments

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast