PDA

View Full Version : I need a new flag...

Fried Chicken Blowout
05-23-11, 21:52
Okay this isn't a political thread about how I hate the government... I really need a new flag.

I live in an HOA and stick to a house mounted version of the Stars and Stripes. The way the wind whips around my house, it's always wrapping the flag around the little pole it's hanging on. Is there a flag and pole setup out there that allows the flag to rotate around the pole and not get twisted?

obucina
05-23-11, 22:00
Okay this isn't a political thread about how I hate the government... I really need a new flag.

I live in an HOA and stick to a house mounted version of the Stars and Stripes. The way the wind whips around my house, it's always wrapping the flag around the little pole it's hanging on. Is there a flag and pole setup out there that allows the flag to rotate around the pole and not get twisted?

mine is an aluminum two piece. The upper section is set with bearings to allow it to rotate.Any decent flag shop should carry one.

PaulL
05-23-11, 22:51
mine is an aluminum two piece. The upper section is set with bearings to allow it to rotate.Any decent flag shop should carry one.

Can you suggest a shop? This interests me, also. I'd rather take a recommendation from here than random search results.

Fried Chicken Blowout
05-24-11, 01:16
Thanks for the idea, I wasn't even sure if these existed. I just tracked one down on Amazon.com and ordered it. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000LO4AX8/ref=ox_ya_os_product) I'll have it mounted on Thursday night right before I install my new Apex carry kit in my M&P9. An evening any American would be proud of... Well I will be drinking Polish Vodka that evening so I guess it's not totally American... Maybe I can switch to Southern Comfort for the night!

Smuckatelli
05-24-11, 12:27
Just a reminder, your local Cub Scout Pack will be burning flags around the 14th of June. It offers an honorable, respectful method of disposing of a tattered flag.

5pins
05-24-11, 12:55
Just a reminder, your local Cub Scout Pack will be burning flags around the 14th of June. It offers an honorable, respectful method of disposing of a tattered flag.

Why the 14th of June? I have an old flag I need to take to them.

I did see a flag set at WalMart today for $18. I wonder if it was made in China.

Smuckatelli
05-24-11, 13:29
Why the 14th of June? I have an old flag I need to take to them.

On June 14th 1777, the Continental Congress approved the design of our National Flag.

President Wilson issued a Presidential Proclamation in 1916.

Congressional legislation designated the 14th as the National Flag Day in 1949.

http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/today/jun14.html

HES
05-24-11, 21:27
Check around. Normally we do our Flag Retirement Ceremonies on Veteran's day simply because

A) It is bloody hot in Florida in June.
B) The sun sets close to 9pm.
C) Our schools are already on summer vacation by then.

Smuckatelli
05-24-11, 21:35
Check around. Normally we do our Flag Retirement Ceremonies on Veteran's day simply because

A) It is bloody hot in Florida in June.
B) The sun sets close to 9pm.
C) Our schools are already on summer vacation by then.

Well...I said sometime around June 14th:jester:

It's good for the Scouts if someone that is not a close family member gets involved, even if the involvement is giving a flag to retire.

obucina
05-24-11, 21:43
Thanks for the idea, I wasn't even sure if these existed. I just tracked one down on Amazon.com and ordered it. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000LO4AX8/ref=ox_ya_os_product) I'll have it mounted on Thursday night right before I install my new Apex carry kit in my M&P9. An evening any American would be proud of... Well I will be drinking Polish Vodka that evening so I guess it's not totally American... Maybe I can switch to Southern Comfort for the night!

thats exactly what I have.