PDA

View Full Version : I am Combatvet!

combatvet
12-11-06, 01:38
Just another lost soul looking for a place of shelter. I hope this place is what AR15 used to be. May I ask a few questions before I start to post here?

1. Can I call out a Lebanese Terrorist here without getting my account locked?

2. Better yet when I organize and implement a six figure group buy will the mods here keep tolls from verbally attacking me for no good reason?

LukeMacGillie
12-11-06, 05:10
ect does not equal Arf bashing. Its been covered here more than a few times. Given the whole IP address scandal with you and your "Neighbor", I wouldnt suggest comming over here and stirring the pot.

M4arc
12-11-06, 06:04
As long as you follow the Forum Rules (https://www.m4carbine.net/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_new_faq_item) you're more than welcome to take shelter here.

However, this thread WILL NOT turn into an ar15.com bashing thread.

Robb Jensen
12-11-06, 06:21
As long as you follow the Forum Rules (https://www.m4carbine.net/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_new_faq_item) you're more than welcome to take shelter here.

However, this thread WILL NOT turn into an ar15.com bashing thread.

I second that!

LukeMacGillie
12-11-06, 07:30
Perhaps we need to take a page from Full Auto: M4Carbine.net, the home of la, la, la, And by the way We dont care what happened to you at Arfkom. :D

M4arc
12-11-06, 07:44
Perhaps we need to take a page from Full Auto: M4Carbine.net, the home of la, la, la, And by the way We dont care what happened to you at Arfkom. :D

I don't think we'll be taking any pages from Full Auto either. I don't think anyone here has the time to monitor what happens on other forums. Just because we tell someone they are welcome here as long as they follow the forum rules doesn't mean we condone their behavior elsewhere.

It's quite simple; follow the M4C forum rules.

Voodoochild
12-11-06, 10:09
CV let me be the one to say welcome and glad to have you here. This place is different we dont bash other sites because we dont want that stuff poluting this site. We are good bunch of people here and I for one welcome you and appreciate the GB's you hooked people up with.

Some people here can be grouched from time to time. But overall they are good to go. We have some good industry pro's here and dealers as well. Welcome aboard.

combatvet
12-11-06, 15:47
I'm not bashing ARFCOM, it's owners or 99.9% of the staff. If I ever get to go back I will be very, very happy. I'm just glad I found another place where I can roam.

I think their staff needs to see I did nothing wrong. When attacked, I defend!Staff only see's what's posted not what is IM'd. Anyway Threat left today for a drive over the Rocky's it's a shame what they did to my friend.

I can't wait to get to know more about M4. I'm glad a few of the same dealers are here, nice to know I can still buy stuff I need.

baffle Stack
12-11-06, 17:00
So one gets banned from here or say ARF, what stops them from simply creating another account and continue posting?

rob_s
12-11-06, 17:01
I like this site because there is little to no traffic in the GD, and virtually all of the traffic is contained to the technical sections. It will probably remain smaller for quite some time for that exact reason, and that is just fine with me.

rob_s
12-11-06, 17:02
So one gets banned from here or say ARF, what stops them from simply creating another account and continue posting?
On ar15.com they ban you by email account, and do not accept hotmail, yahoo, gmail, or other "free" email accounts for registration. Obviously there are still ways around this, but eventually they can also track you by IP address and ban the IP. There are, in turn, ways around that as well, but at a certain point you have to wonder why a person like that wouldn't just move on with life.

M4arc
12-11-06, 18:49

IP Addresses. Admins can view IP addresses and block IPs if necessary.

Voodoochild
12-11-06, 18:53
Personally I think we need to get off the ARF stuff. And welcome CV on as a new member I think we came off a little abrasive instead of welcoming.

M4arc
12-11-06, 18:55
Personally I think we need to get off the ARF stuff. And welcome CV on as a new member I think we came off a little abrasive instead of welcoming.

I agree, good point Voodoo.

If anyone wants to welcome CV please do so. I'll ask that all references to TOS end here.

Bloodbathdisplay
12-11-06, 19:01
IP Addresses. Admins can view IP addresses and block IPs if necessary.

Sometimes...some of us know how to get around that when we need to. I am glad to see you are here now combatvet. For those of you who don't know him, he is a really good guy who's best interest is in helping fellow shooters. I understand what he was saying about the other site, I don't think he was stirring the pot but letting us know he is in the same one. I hope everyone here treats him with the same respect as I have been shown here by all of you. Everyone...take care, happy holidays and safe shooting.

9x19
12-11-06, 19:46
You said the magic word, respect. When everyone remains as respectful of the other participants as we would like to be treated, there's never a problem.

Welcome Combatvet.

Bonk2029
12-17-06, 11:24
Welcome aboard! :D

vinesr6
12-17-06, 12:28
Welcome CV, damn that was quick right after the Group Buy?

combatvet
12-17-06, 14:01
I think I stepped on the wrong persons toes. I used to think 82ndAbn was a good guy but now I believe I was wrong. I wish I would have donated my money to a more worthy cause, hell I bet it was spent on ammo anyway. I've lost a lot of respect for some of the staff members there, they won't even respond to my emails. Shows what kind of people sit behind the keyboards over there.

DBLTAP!556
12-18-06, 04:16
CombatVet, Comming from myself, a new member aswell, Welcome aboard. I'm actually glad I made an account here. I was a Mod at another fourm, and it got alittle hairy. So, I decided to leave and move on to a better place.. M4C

I'm still trying to settle in and trying cozy up here:D I'll like to say grab a beer an relax. to #ell with it.. lounge and enjoy!!

DT!