PDA

View Full Version : US Air Force: Targeting Christian Airman/Officers

Denali
09-08-13, 10:01
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/09/06/air-force-cracking-down-on-christians/?intcmp=obnetwork

“I can’t imagine someone having their Miranda Rights read to them like they did to Sgt. Monk simply because he is complaining about being mistreated and being discriminated against,” he said. “This kind of retaliation needs to come to a stop.”

Sasser said someone with such a clean military record deserves better treatment.

“We want to make sure we right all the wrongs and keep anyone from retaliating against Sgt. Monk,” he said.

Pastor Branson told me Monk is an outstanding member of the congregation.

“One of the finest men I’ve ever met in my life,” he said. “He lost his job because of what he thought. He’s paying the price.”

Monk tells me Christians are trading places with homosexuals.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/09/06/air-force-cracking-down-on-christians/?intcmp=obnetwork#ixzz2eJVXHLtC

I am reminded of how desperately the north American Marxists want to end the all volunteer armed services, seems they have found their vector....

HackerF15E
09-08-13, 10:37
Military members aren't read "Miranda rights" -- Article 31b of the UCMJ, which requires members to be notified of their right to remain silent, was codified a decade and a half before Miranda vs Arizona.

Second, being "read your rights" is pretty standard fare for military folks who are accused or suspected of just about anything that could result in an administrative discipline action or worse. It is protection for the Commander to read these rights prior to any discussions, just in case the situation with the military member gets more serious in the future.

Finally, it is this SMSgt's opinion that he is being retaliated against; he was told that he was "accused of providing false statements", and thinks it is a way of leadership getting back at him.

So, the statement quoted above, that "someone having their Miranda Rights read to them like they did to Sgt. Monk simply because he is complaining about being mistreated and being discriminated against,” is out to lunch.

He was not read his Art 31b rights BECAUSE of that at all.

My guess is that there is A LOT more to this story than SMSgt Monk's side is telling.

Denali
09-08-13, 11:04
Military members aren't read "Miranda rights" -- Article 31b of the UCMJ, which requires members to be notified of their right to remain silent, was codified a decade and a half before Miranda vs Arizona.

Second, being "read your rights" is pretty standard fare for military folks who are accused or suspected of just about anything that could result in an administrative discipline action or worse. It is protection for the Commander to read these rights prior to any discussions, just in case the situation with the military member gets more serious in the future.

Finally, it is this SMSgt's opinion that he is being retaliated against; he was told that he was "accused of providing false statements", and thinks it is a way of leadership getting back at him.

So, the statement quoted above, that "someone having their Miranda Rights read to them like they did to Sgt. Monk simply because he is complaining about being mistreated and being discriminated against,” is out to lunch.

He was not read his Art 31b rights BECAUSE of that at all.

My guess is that there is A LOT more to this story than SMSgt Monk's side is telling.

I believe the quote about "Miranda" comes from the pastor, and is likely a consequence of his ignorance of military procedure...Nonetheless, its contextual....

crusader377
09-09-13, 18:10
I'm not surprise at all this is happen considering with the heavily progressive influenced 2013 American culture, Christianity is hated while the buggery is celebrated.

Koshinn
09-09-13, 20:18
If anything, it's the opposite in the USAF, but those never make the news because everyone is Christian and it's expected.

kwelz
09-09-13, 21:17
A blatantly biased article only telling one side of the story. Yeah lets all jump on board here and believe what is says....