PDA

View Full Version : Black Bear Dance Party.....

Denali
06-10-13, 17:50
http://www.flickr.com/photos/95481467@N08/

The above link shall take you directly to my flickr, the images from last nights party shenanigans, are almost entirely in sequence, you can simply scroll down as is, or click on the very first image, then follow the arrows and scroll through all images in sequence, "enlarged."...Feel free to scroll to your hearts content....And please do remember, at sundown, somewhere in the America, black bears really will come out and dance....;)

VooDoo6Actual
06-10-13, 18:12
Great pics thanks for sharing em.

Have had many friendly encounters w/ BB's & Ursus Horribilus. Amazing creatures that have adapted well through the years. I should be seeing some next week, can't wait. They truly are a unbelievable consumer of you name it.....

SteyrAUG
06-10-13, 18:40
Wouldn't it just be easier to nail a pan to the tree about 2 feet high and fill it for them?

:D

MAUSER202
06-10-13, 19:11
Cool pics! I like the non bear ones too. What equipment do you use?

montanadave
06-10-13, 19:24
Great bear pictures. They put on quite a show.

And the other pics on your page are outstanding. Very nice photography.

Denali
06-10-13, 19:51
Cool pics! I like the non bear ones too. What equipment do you use?

The digital images have been gathered from both Canon Eos "60 & 7D" camera bodies, while most images were lensed with either a Canon EF300f/4L IS, or EF70-200f/4L IS coupled to an EF1.4x II teleconverter...

sjc3081
06-10-13, 20:26
Nice pics those look like some large Sows.

Denali
06-10-13, 20:38
Nice pics those look like some large Sows.

Actually, I have concluded them to be a mating pair, the larger one being a boar, if you look closely, you can discern teats on the little sow as she carries out her assault upon the feeders...June is breeding season for black bear, boars rarely eat at such time, however sows aren't so inclined, as we see, she didn't hesitate to snatch the suet basket....

HES
06-10-13, 22:47
Nice pics. Now what would happen if you filled the feeder with pop rocks? :D