PDA

View Full Version : Keep it CLASSY, NBC!

The_War_Wagon
06-08-12, 07:06
I'd wondered what happened to Nicole Mitchell at The Weather Channel. The LIBTARDS of NBC are what happened to her, apparently! :mad:

Weather Channel Anchor Says She Was Fired Over Military Service

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-s...ry-service.html (http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/weather-channel-anchor-says-she-was-fired-over-military-service.html)

A former anchor at The Weather Channel is suing the network after she said she was fired over a dispute involving her military service.

Nicole Mitchell, an Air Force Reserve Officer and a member of the “Hurricane Hunters” team, has accused The Weather Channel and NBC of discrimination and violating her rights under the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act of 1994.

Mitchell said she began to experience harassment about her military service just after The Weather Channel was purchased by NBC, Bain Capital and the Blackstone Group, according to a lawsuit filed in federal court.

Court papers allege NBC bosses made explicit complaints about her military service schedule and created a “hostile working environment” for the anchor...

BEST of all, NBC "allegedly" supports the military, with their "Got-your-6" campaign. Apparently, they ONLY support retirees, NOT, reservists.

SMOOTH move, LIBTARDS :rolleyes:

SteyrAUG
06-08-12, 13:45
Never judge people by what they say, judge them by what they actually do.

Sam
06-08-12, 16:10
May be Fox will hire her.

Wiggity
06-08-12, 17:33
If money smells bad, then this lawsuit is gonna be stinkin!

ChicagoTex
06-09-12, 02:34
There are two sides to every story and no actual evidence has been furnished yet. I'm gonna wait until I see something with a modicum of actual substance before jumping to a conclusion.

Moreover, not having your contract renewed is not the same as being fired, and to the best of my knowledge no reason is required to not renew someone, making "your reservist schedule is a pain in the ass for us" arguably deplorable, but not illegal grounds for non-renewal. This, of course, is why the actual allegations center around the alleged "hostile work environment", which actually WOULD be illegal, but also needs to be proven.

As the saying goes: where's the beef?

CarlosDJackal
06-11-12, 11:58
...making "your reservist schedule is a pain in the ass for us" arguably deplorable, but not illegal grounds for non-renewal...

This is false. No organization can terminate any employee based on the fact that their military service was interfering with their duties. I was just talking to my ESGR Ombudsman over the weekend about this very subject.

If these idiots at TWC/NBC did not renew her contract because of her Reservist schedule, and there is proof of such; they're screwed even before they get to the hostile work environment charge.

I had to deal with this very issue a couple of years ago with one of my Soldiers. He was working for BJ Wholesalers and his Site Manager and the on-site HR rep (they were long time buddies) would threaten him with termination if he did not report to work during our drill weekends. We had to write them a letter before they would let him report for duty.

He finally took my advice and filed an official complaint over the Site Manager's head about the situation. Both the Site Manager and his buddy HR rep were removed from that store and Corporate issued an official apology to my Soldier.

As long as the employer is provided reasonable prior warning of military duty (we provide Soldiers with an Official Employer's letter for the fiscal year) they cannot hold military duty against the employee.

ChicagoTex
06-11-12, 22:25
Alrighty then, I'll take your word as it sounds like you've had much closer proximity to this issue than myself and assume NBC/TWC is doubly-screwed, assuming anything can actually be proven (something I expect we'll discover very shortly).

It does make me think, though. If what you say is true (and I'm not saying it isn't), and she has evidence (and I'm not saying she doesn't), why on earth would NBC/TWC not offer a giant-ass settlement? It seems to me that it'd be a very open-and-shut case that the company attorneys would VERY much like to avoid.

Maybe they offered and she told them to stick it?