Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Czech it out! New custom vz-58 from InRange

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Czech it out! New custom vz-58 from InRange

Well, Troy at InRange just made my Christmas!

Troy built up a custom vz-58 from one of the 100 Grand Power Slovakian receivers that were made and imported into the US.

Unissued parts kit went on the receiver that he had to mill to accept standard military magazines.

Because the barrels on the vz's are shorter than 16", he machined a clone of the current Czech issue brake and permanently fixed it to the muzzle. He also spent some time mixing up an enamel finish which matched the original military finish.

I'll post a range report when I get out to the range on Christmas Day.

This thing is beautiful!

Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    That is a beautiful rifle!

Bulldog1967 Guest
    Wow, thats some hotness there!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    That muzzle brake looks loud.

Very nice rifle, Merry Christmas!

M_P

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Very nice! Are they standard AK mags? That's interesting with the bolt "forming" the dust cover when closed. I don't know a thing about these guns, but they look solid.

Someone needs to make a nylon version of that quad pouch with molle and slightly stack the mags for easier access.
    Any diy'er's here that can make one and sell it to Eagle?

Mark
    Last edited by mark5pt56; 12-21-07 at 17:41. Reason: ?
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Thanks guys.

Mark, the only thing the vz-58 has in common with an AK-47 is the caliber, the Czechs told the Russians to bugger off and that they'd make their own firearms thankyouverymuch.

They take completely different magazines. The operating system is a tilting lock, almost like a P-38 or Beretta M9 in conception, not so much like an SKS or a FAL. Short stroke gas piston operated.

Very, very light weight system, even lighter than a stamped receiver AKM.

They're being used all over the world, the Czechs donated a bunch of them to the Afghan gov't.

Someone is making a railed forend for them. The Czechs flirted with bringing out a new system when they joined NATO, but it just wasn't cost effective, so they're upgrading existing rifles.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Awesome pics as usal from Templar.

I saw "VZ" and "Czech" and thought it would be a thread about Veronika Zemanova.

This guy looks "hardened".

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Interesting, I think when we get together for a shoot, that needs to come with you. The field gear looks to be well thought out and functional. Do you know a source for that stuff? I appears that the mag dimensions, gear wise are the same?
    Last edited by mark5pt56; 12-21-07 at 18:05. Reason: ?
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss Hogg View Post
    Awesome pics as usal from Templar.

I saw "VZ" and "Czech" and thought it would be a thread about Veronika Zemanova.

This guy looks "hardened".

Now, if you can find a pic with her and that gun--------------
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    Interesting, I think when we get together for a shoot, that needs to come with you. The field gear looks to be well thought out and functional. Do you know a source for that stuff? I appears that the mag dimensions, gear wise are the same?
    I'll definitely bring it down.

I'm hitting the range on Tuesday and I'll take some pics comparing an AK to the vz-58, field stripping, etc.

As far as gear, are you talking about the modern stuff in the pics of the pig hide mag carriers? The surplus stuff is available from Centerfire.

The modern stuff? I can poke around. The best bet is going to be coming out of Canada, through Marstar.

One other cool thing about the vz-58 is that the fixed and the side folding stocks are completely interchangeable, they're the same receiver. I have a folding stock I'll put on it, but the fixed is extremely comfortable.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast