Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vltor MUR vs LaRue Stealth Upper Receivers?

Feedback Score

Vltor MUR vs LaRue Stealth Upper Receivers?

I have been dying to start a project using the Vltor MUR Upper receiver as a starting point....however, I will probably be headed in a direction similar to the format used in the LaRue Stealth Upper assembly AND I am wondering if there are any noteworthy differences between these two upper receivers? I know they are both considered heavier receivers than Milspec.

Is either regarded as better than the other for whatever reason?

Thanks

IC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector-Callahan View Post
    I have been dying to start a project using the Vltor MUR Upper receiver as a starting point....however, I will probably be headed in a direction similar to the format used in the LaRue Stealth Upper assembly AND I am wondering if there are any noteworthy differences between these two upper receivers? I know they are both considered heavier receivers than Milspec.

Thanks

IC
    I'm sure the LT receiver are fine as far as billet receivers goes but the VLTOR receiver is better. I recently spoke with VLTOR and they described how they made the receivers, how they tested the receivers, and how they destroyed them to learn more and to ensure quality. I won't go into detail because it is not my place but I am convinced if VLTOR made whole rifles they would probably reinvent sliced bread.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trim2L View Post
    I'm sure the LT receiver are fine as far as billet receivers goes but the VLTOR receiver is better. I recently spoke with VLTOR and they described how they made the receivers, how they tested the receivers, and how they destroyed them to learn more and to ensure quality. I won't go into detail because it is not my place but I am convinced if VLTOR made whole rifles they would probably reinvent sliced bread.

Why would they reinvent sliced bread? Lightening holes?

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    "I'm sure the LT receiver are fine as far as billet receivers goes but the VLTOR receiver is better." - Trim2L

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector-Callahan View Post

IC
    They are both outstanding receivers that will out shoot & out last most of us... I am not sure that you can say one is "better" than the other... Riddle me this Batman, Who's better, Lamborghini or Ferrari???

Buck
    MossieTactics.com ~ KMA 367

Feedback Score
    Give VLTOR a call and ask them how they make their receivers and how they test them...which is better will be clear at that point.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    They are both outstanding receivers that will out shoot & out last most of us... I am not sure that you can say one is "better" than the other... Riddle me this Batman, Who's better, Lamborghini or Ferrari???

Buck
    Ferrari. They build racecars. Lambo doesn't. They build expensive cars for rich people.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Give VLTOR a call and ask them how they make their receivers and how they test them...which is better will be clear at that point.
    The purpose of this forum is the spread of knowledge and intelligent debate... This is not a taboo subject... What did they say??? Why do you think they are better??? What essential and necessary steps that ensure accuracy in a upper receiver does VLTOR do that no one else does???

Inquiring minds want to know...
    MossieTactics.com ~ KMA 367

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Both companies are awesome. I had a MUR upper that just doesn't fit any of my lowers. I e-mailed them and got a replacement the next day w/some goodies for my trouble (per VLTOR). If you have the extra coin spend it however you want.

Oh about the Lambo or Ferrari thing....see avatar..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast