Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta ARX160 Update

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Seems like more vaporware from Beretta. Anyone who's ever dealt with them professionally has grown weary of answering excited queries from potential buyers about guns in their catalogs that were never made. It got so bad that we used to answer all questions about Beretta with "If it's on the shelf or the wall, we can get it in your hands. If it's not, then Beretta hasn't actually made it regardless of what their fantasy catalog and manufaturer reps say.

I'll check one out when I'm holding one in my hands with a price tag on it. Until then, it doesn't actually exist.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    I'll check one out when I'm holding one in my hands with a price tag on it. Until then, it doesn't actually exist.
    Im afraid that price tag will be much higher than many are expecting. It would not suprise me at if they come somewhere between 2500 and 3k.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    I tend to agree with this pricing as well-you have to look at what the market is trending-the SCAR light is $2,200, the ACR started out at $2K, the HK AR is $2.5K, and some of the high end AR's are close to $2K, the AUG was $2K, and Beretta is not known for being a cheap company-especially if they have a new kid on the block. I would be willing to bet on the $2.5K mark as well-that is if they don't jack around too long and our annointed one bans all new assault rifle production.
    That scares me worse than any new price points

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    If they price it above $2K, then they aren't really interested in making the platform a commercial success. Of course that wouldn't surprise me with Beretta.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitor View Post
    This gun was made to marry the .300 BLK. If Beretta launches a 7.62 barrel, it will be a hit for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaoloAR15 View Post
    Beretta, in 2009 (when the rifle was adopted by Italian Army...) announced that the ARX160 would be produced only in the following calibers:

- 5.56 NATO (done)
    - 7,62 Soviet (done)
    - 6,8 SPC (not yet presented)
    That's it.
    The assumption I made is that the carbine has been designed ONLY to use intermediate rifle ammo.
    Not sure where the disconnect is coming from but, the .300 BLK, aka 7,62x35 is an intermediate caliber (specifically, it meets the same package requirements as the 5.56.
    Compatibility with .300 Blackout only takes a new barrel, as the magazines, bolts, extractors and everything else stays the same. This does Not hold true for 7.62x39 or 6.8SPC.
    When Beretta designed the ARX160 (2009) the .300 BLK did not exist, it wasn't even approved by SAAMI until Jan 2011.
    Last edited by 4thPointOfContact; 01-30-12 at 17:20.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PaoloAR15 View Post
    Beretta, in 2009 (when the rifle was adopted by Italian Army...) announced that the ARX160 would be produced only in the following calibers:

- 5.56 NATO (done)
    - 7,62 Soviet (done)
    - 6,8 SPC (not yet presented)

That's it.

The assumption I made is that the carbine has been designed ONLY to use intermediate rifle ammos.

If a ARX will be issued in a full power caliber ammo, like 7,62 x 51, the model name will be NOT anymore ARX160 but ARX <something else> ....
    Well, I was talking about the .30 BLK...any 5.56 gun is suitable for it, it's a matter of changing the barrel and since the ARX has the easiest barrel change ever, it would take like 10 seconds to change from 5.56 to .30 BLK

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Wow, something from this year's SHOT show that was worth looking at.

Everything else just seemed like stupid zombie crap...

All I can really say is that it looks like the guys at Beretta really put the time into this gun and thought about stuff. I remember watching a video about it here in this sub-forum last year and being really impressed at what this rifle is supposed to be.

I appreciate the input (As I'm sure everyone else does) from our fellow member in Rome. Nothing like a first hand account of things.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Can you explain why this is at all interesting?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rojocorsa View Post
    Wow, something from this year's SHOT show that was worth looking at.

Everything else just seemed like stupid zombie crap...

All I can really say is that it looks like the guys at Beretta really put the time into this gun and thought about stuff. I remember watching a video about it here in this sub-forum last year and being really impressed at what this rifle is supposed to be.

I appreciate the input (As I'm sure everyone else does) from our fellow member in Rome. Nothing like a first hand account of things.
    Designed in 2009, floating around SHOT 2011, and yet it still doesn't actually exist in 2012. Yep, it's a Beretta!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    Designed in 2009, floating around SHOT 2011, and yet it still doesn't actually exist in 2012. Yep, it's a Beretta!
    While it may not exist for civilian purchase in the US, the Italians are actually deploying with these weapons as we speak. However, I get your larger point about Beretta's lack of product follow through.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast