Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mossie Tactics 2400 FSB Light Mount

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Mossie Tactics 2400 FSB Light Mount

I wanted to give a quick congratulations to Buck with the release of his new product, the Mossie Tactics 2400 FSB light mount. I did a write up of this item for Military Times, and what really stood out to me was how simple and effective this little beast is. It gives a Surefire X300 or similar light a 12 o'clock mount position, and extends the light reducing shadowing off the barrel.

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gears...#comment-18456

Installation is about as difficult as loading your magazine. If you can't slide the mount over the FSB and tighten two screws, you shouldn't be using weapons, driving a car, or operating your iPhone. It really is that simple.

Mossie Tactics teamed up with Battle Comp for this product, which makes sense given the distribution network and production capacity of BC.

Anyone else using one yet?

Last edited by Stickman; 12-22-11 at 13:42.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    This looks interesting. I see this being a winner, especially paired with a Centurion Arms Mid-length cutout rail. You get the advantages of the FSP rail, without the extra weight (not that it's probably very much).

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    It's awesome to see that inovative light mount solutions are still being brought out... Great mounting option!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Just received mine for T&E and so far I'm impressed though not suprised as BC makes quality gear and Buck has a solid design. I'm looking forward to putting it through its paces soon.

Stick have you shot it much on a SBR? Mine is mounted on my work gun (11.5 BCM) and I was wondering about carbon buildup and such.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thank you for the kind words and the awesome pictures... I really put a lot of time and effort into the design... It is very easy to install, but there was quite a bit of engineering to get it that way... It will firmly mate up to the FSB of everything from a 1967 M16A1 to a current production M4A1, and it will not walk off with vibration during the heating and cooling cycles of full auto fire...

The one piece design makes it very strong, much stronger and smaller than two piece designs that are only as strong as the threads in the screws. Once it is in place you would have to break the 6061 T6 side clamping arms to get it off...

The method of tightening the set screws bottom then top creates a camming action that greatly increases the force on the clamping arms and also allows you to perfectly align the mount with your barrel...

There is a lot more, but those are the highlights...

This mount is a native to M4Carbine.net, and although I do moderate here, I also learn things as I read all of your posts... M4Carbine was an invaluable resource to me during the design of the MMM, and I owe a debt of thanks to all of the Membership, Moderators, and Staff...

S/F

B
    MossieTactics.com ~ KMA 367

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    As soon as this is for sale ill have one. Good stuff.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Buck,

Evidently I did a disservice with my images as I have someone elsewhere posting that it looks like you could "risk losing a finger".

I'll have to shoot more pictures to satisfy a certain group of people. I am dumbfounded that someone could jump to that conclusion, but perhaps there was something I wrote or an image angle that lead this person to imagine this.

More pictures to follow.... and for immediate clarification, THERE IS NO RISK OF SHOOTING YOUR FINGER OFF UNLESS YOU POSSESS NEGATIVE WEAPON HANDLING SKILLS.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SWATcop556 View Post
    Stick have you shot it much on a SBR? Mine is mounted on my work gun (11.5 BCM) and I was wondering about carbon buildup and such.
    No, I received this one, did some dryfire, and then wrote up the release for Military Times. I should get trigger time with it tonight hopefully. Doing dryfire building searches this works very well, but no live fire as of yet for me.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Congrats on the new mount, Buck.

And thanks for doing the r&d and production so quickly to solve my problem.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=95185

Less than 24 hours turnaround is truly awesome.
    Life is full of choices. I choose Noveske.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    It looks cool, Mang!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast