Thread: Assembly complete!

Feedback Score

Assembly complete!

Got home from work this evening after picking the receiver up from my FFL guy and put her together. I gather this pattern is not entirely unique...but she sure is sweet. I practice with a stock 6920 I've had a few years but I wanted something a little different without departing from the basic operating system. So here we have a BCM mid length upper w/BFH barrel...Magpul MOE furniture all around, Spikes lower with the nickel boron FCG...BCM BCG and mil spec buffer...gunfighter charging handle, Troy BUIS with EoTech 553...I attached a side sling swivel under the front post and added a Blue force 2 point sling...oh the Troy trigger guard, I actually like it...This weapon is a keeper...barring any weirdeties in the Oklahoma weather this weekend, I'll have to take her out for a run.
    Last edited by hill; 11-17-11 at 22:17.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” W. Churchill

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would ditch that 553* in a heartbeat if I was you. We were issued dozens of those things and most were incapable of gripping the rail properly.
    ARMS levers are the weakest link of anything that uses them.

*Not shitting on the EOTech, just ARMS.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the heads up Dave...I'll keep an eye on it...there are always options should the mount fail but outta the box it seems to be holding on pretty tight and I really like the EoTech view in spite of the bad rap they seem to get. On the plus side, the firearm handles nicely though I am having a minor adaption issue to the Magpul stock...simple little thing like the release lever...who'd a thought?
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” W. Churchill

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I dig those stocks. I have one on my 416 right now. You have a great setup overall and I also like the view through and EOTech. I think the key with them is to use them a while and make sure it doesn't take a shit during the first 6 months. They seam to have problems out of the box, not develop them over time (at least in my experience).

Check your zero often with good ammo like Black Hills 77gr. MK262 OTM or anything that gives you good groups.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    Yeah well there you have it...to the range Saturday for a wringing out, obviously you build with quality your gonna get good results. The carbine shoots to POA without any adjustments to the optics or the irons...handles well, function is outstanding...slow fire...mag dump...all is good. I have purchased several BCM uppers over the years and there are never problems. I'll keep an eye on the optic but so far lock up is tight and I won't be dragging it around an urban setting jumping in and out of Humvees...of course I still want a weapon capable of handle this sort of thing…the NiB battle trigger is really pretty smooth, looks like Spikes starts with some quality components, they have the “S” stampings on them just like my 6920 parts has whatever that means...The Magpul furniture is solid though I still have a tendancy to reach for the standard M4 release lever...not a big deal in my line. Looks like nothing new here as to the parts used but wanted to complete the post for you builder/assemblers contemplating options...I like to finish what I start. Happy Thanksgiving and signing off. Hill