Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Daniel Defense MFR Rail

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

New Daniel Defense MFR Rail

DD just posted this on their Facebook:

Daniel Defense MFR 12.0 with 16" Lightweight Mid-Length Barrel

Troy's TRX really lit a fire under the rail market's ass, now everyone's making a tube style handguard w/ detachable rail pieces.

If DD sells this complete rifle, I know what my next purchase is.
    Last edited by outrider627; 04-01-11 at 13:51.
    Know your role, and shut your mouth.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Looks like the rail should sell pretty cheap. I'm not sure credit goes to Troy, but there is certainly a bunch of tube rails hitting the market, with a few more yet to come.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Looks like another step in the direction of the lightweight builds. Looks good. I'd like to put one through it's paces and see how it handles.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    DD was running prototypes of this rail at USTC in Feb/March of 2010. Been looking forward to these coming out ever since then.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Is this available for purchase now? It appears to be almost exactally what I am been looking to put together except I was going to use a 13" trx and folding rear.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I think there was mention on FB ofa $250 price.

Obviously JP an others have been doing slick tubes for a long time but the Troy version was certainly he one that kicked off the latest craze.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So that complete rifle is not available just the rail? I looked on FB and couldn't seem to find it.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Looks good!

I've been debating replacing my outdated JP/VTAC handguard for a long time now, was getting very close to buying the Troy/VTAC version, but I think I'll wait for some more info on this one before I make my decision.
    Last edited by Mike Miller; 04-01-11 at 12:47.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    more info from their FB

MSRP is $249. Weight of the MFR 12.0 with the barrel nut is 12oz. OD is 1.76. ID is 1.61. Picatinny Rail Sections are 1.1oz each. Height is the same as an A4 Upper Receiver. No Plans for an FSP version right now.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 8th View Post
    So that complete rifle is not available just the rail? I looked on FB and couldn't seem to find it.
    Looks like its just the rail for now. Hopefully they'll make a complete rifle like the one in the pic. I know DD showed 6.8 AR with a similar looking rail on their website, before it was updated. IIRC it was a 6.8 made for hunting, so they might sell it under their new hunting oriented brand.
    Know your role, and shut your mouth.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast