Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Accurate Tool Firearms

Feedback Score

Accurate Tool Firearms

Folks,

Has anyone had any exposure to this company. My department just sent out a division wide email advising that Accurate Tool Firearms is on our "approved" list. They really don't have a website up yet but I have exchanged a few emails with the owner Keith Pitts who was extremely helpful. He advised that he was aware of the "chart" and claims that his rifles will land in a respectable spot. I believe these guys made several smaller parts for the department of defense and decided to start making a complete rifle.

They are based out of central Kentucky so I am hoping the "Big Blue Nation" and or M4carbine will have some input. Here is the only website I can currently find on it, however, the owner said he should have a .com up soon. I am not a member of facebook but am hoping that a website will become up and running with all the specifics of his rifles.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001729491094

Kentucky Cop
    Last edited by Kentucky Cop; 12-06-10 at 13:36.

Feedback Score
    Just got off the phone with Keith Pitts. He is a extremely helpful gentleman that answered a few quick questions about the spec's on their rifles. He advised that they work for the DOD building odd's and ends for them over the years They have a extensive history in the rifle building industry due to this backround.

Keith stated that him and his team took ROBS's chart and went to work building a rifle. He stated that they hit all the boxes with one or two exceptions, one being the staking on the castle nut due to customers wanting to be able to switch out.

Barrel steel is 4150 Ordinance grade with the option of match grade barrels or hammered forged. 1/7 rifle twist. M4 feed ramps and the FSB is pinned-tappered. Gas key is staked and each bolt is MPI. Also, all barrels are MPI also. Bolt carrier style is M-16.

He did have plans to work on midlength's also. Sounds like they are off to a excellent start from the few quick questions I fired at him. Keith said that a website would be up and running soon. I am looking forward to their offerings based upon the answers to my questions.

KC

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Know the price point?

Interested to hear more.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by THCDDM4 View Post
    Know the price point?

Interested to hear more.
    I should have asked but didn't due to all the variations. I wouldn't be surprised if a rep from them gets on here in the next few days. Keith did say that he was wanting input on what people are looking for in a rifle. Purpose built so to say. It sounds good thus far. Hopefully they get their website up and going soon. I am also interested to hear more...

KC
    Last edited by Kentucky Cop; 12-06-10 at 16:15.

Feedback Score
    I've been talking to a friend affiliated with the company for some time now. Initially the company tried to get into the AR game building a budget gun of the same quality as RRA, Bushmaster, DPMS, etc. The people in charge of that venture are no longer a part of the company (as was explained to me), and they are having another go at it with people who know better.

They basically looked at Rob's chart and designed their rifles to be placed as far to left as they could. I have been told they will be using Daniel Defense barrels and the same lower parts kit as Colt. You say that they will offer 4150 steel or match grade barrels, so I must assume that the DD barrels will just be an option. The same friend has stated that they would LIKE to have an introductory or standard model for around $850. Whether that goal will be reached or not, I can not say. They have (not officially, to my knowledge) displayed an interest in eventually being able to offer rifles with nearly all high quality components made in house (aside from maybe forgings and barrels, but that's just speculation on my part), including forward rails.

What I've been told is one of their sister companies, Tactical Intent, is an injection molding company that produces AR-15 accessories. Their TI-7 stock looks particularly interesting. It features the A-frame design of the Magpul MOE stock, the QD detach sling swivel mount of the CTR stock, and the sloped cheekweld and storage compartments of the LMT SOPMOD stock. It lacks the friction-lock of the CTR, however they employ a patent-pending design that they say does the same job as the CTR's friction-lock without having to add an extra lever or have anything else to engage. It is available for both Milspec and Commercial tubes. All metal components are stainless steel. It is available in four colors, which, according to their website, are FDE, Black, Olive Drab, and Foliage Green. However, all of the pictures I have seen display FDE, Tan, and Black models. I can only assume the fourth color will be either Foliage Green or Olive Drab.

To be completely and totally honest, I think this looks to be a very promising stock. The only thing I can see that MIGHT be a design flaw is the QD sling mount. It appears to be supported, but would probably benefit from a little MORE support.Perhaps we'll see that in the TI-7 v2...

Note that I don't have any actual link to, or affiliation with, the company other than my friend who is semi-affiliated with them. Regardless, if anyone has any questions I can try to get the answer for you.

Edited to include images.

Edit Note: One interesting thing to note would be the file name/color name discrepancies. The file name for the black stock is bl2-175.jpg, the file name for the FDE stock is fde1-175.jpg, but the file name for the tan stock is fg5-175.jpg. Perhaps FG will be the fourth color, over OD.
    Last edited by Whootsinator; 12-06-10 at 17:12.

Feedback Score
    This sounds interesting... Something I'm definitely gonna follow

Feedback Score
    I just talked to my aforementioned friend, and he is on his way over to our buddy's house to have nicer photos taken of his rifle. I made sure to request better photos of the TI-7 stock. They will be posted as soon as they are able to be posted.
    Last edited by Whootsinator; 12-06-10 at 17:40.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The stock looks very interesting. It looks lightweight with a good cheekweld. I would like to try one out.

Feedback Score
    All photos courtesy of my friend Sean Dobbins, or ssracer. They're big, let's hope the auto-resize is working.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ssracer77/

Feedback Score
    If somebody was shooting for a lightweight SOPMOD design... I'd say they hit it on the head. Looks interesting.
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
    This day shall gentle his condition;
    And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
    Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
    And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
    That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast