Page 11 of 256 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Watches

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    You rich bastards have all the cool watches! My daily watch is a Suunto X-Lander. Someday I'd like to get a nice TAG.

Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

ToddG Guest
    I have an X-Lander Military, which I bought on a lark for times when it's smart to wear a cool-guy watch instead of a real one.

I've been extremely unimpressed with it. WR is very poor (technically, it's not advisable to go swimming with it much), the controls are hard to keep straight (a watch with a chrono should use typical chrono watch button methodology), and it's not as readable as I like.

On the plus side, with a little velcro, it would be totally tactical.

TAGs are decent watches, though I think most of their models tend to be over-priced for what they are. Then again, I own a Kobold, so who am I to say that a watch is overpriced? TAG is becoming the "new Rolex" for the Gen-X and Millenial generations.

Feedback Score

Watch Rotation

Hey Guys

I'm also partial to Watches, along with guns and knives. The current rotation is a Sinn U1, a Sinn 756, Breitling Navitimer, a Zenith Defy Classic HMS, and a G Shock. I have also owned/sold/traded the Seiko Monster, ( Great Watch), Marathon SAR,(Great Watch), Omega Seamaster, ( Also Great Watch), IWC Chrono,(Scratch Magnet). I find I am drawn to great mechanical watches.

I may just stick with what I have at this point with a nice diver, a chrono, a sporty dressier watch and a Iconic classic.

Irighti

Feedback Score
    I have always been a Timex Watch Man. Took a Timex Expedition to hell and back, worked flawlessly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtlmj View Post
    I haven't seen one of these mentioned: Tissot T-Touch

It may not be the most beautiful or expensive watch, but I bought it whilst in Switzerland a couple months ago, so it means a lot to me. For those who don't know, once the watch is put into touch mode, you can just touch the face to select barometer, compass, thermometer, altimeter, alarm or chrono. The compass is the coolest, because it turns the hands into the dial of a compass.

A friend of mine has one of those, the version with the orange band and some other orange things. It's a really neat watch, I'm thinking about getting one.

Anybody else have experience/opinions on them? I'm pretty new to spiffy watches, my Timex has gotten me through the last 10 years or so but I always like new gadgets.

Feedback Score
    My buddies jewellery store in Edmonton(Alberta Canada) is where I get my good watches.

For the $300-$600 range, the Tissot's are great. I'll be getting one soon. The 'touch' feature is great, played with it a bit and it's really cool.

The other watch I have on the way is a Suunto X9i, compliments of a good friend who was sponsored by them when he summited Everest last May.

Oh, my newest Tag is the Grand Carerra Calibre RS.
    I AM a CanadianGunSlinger!!!!!!

Cede Nullis

Feedback Score
    I love my Rolex Turn-O-Graph

been there eaten that

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You rich bastards have all the cool watches!
    Rich bastards huh. How much you got in that Limited gun??
    Team Virginia Arms member
    USPSA Limited B and Production C shooter, IDPA SSP-SS

formerly known as TacticalShooter

Feedback Score
    I had Heuers before TAG bought them. They were good watches then, but nothing like a Rolex for durability. The Heuers leaked and I cracked a couple crystals.

No problems with my Rolex and I've had it 15 years and wore it everyday. The majority of the time was working on offshore barges and half that was salt water time.

Find me a tougher watch and I'll buy it when I break this one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've become a big fan of the Marathon watches. I've owned a GMT-Master and a Seamaster, but I just seem to prefer the Marathons. For me, tritium markers are requirement #1. My first tritium-lit watch was a Luminox, and now I won't have it any other way. The Marathons save me some money, too.

That GSAR cleans up real nice with the stainless bracelet, too. I'm getting married Saturday, and the woman has made it very clear that I will NOT be sporting the zulu strap for the wedding. "Tactical" is not a very big concern for her.

Page 11 of 256 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast