Page 4 of 285 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official M&P picture thread.

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    Just got here today...thanks to Bud's Gun Shop on the good price, S&W on the sweet promo deal, and extra special thanks to Dan Burwell.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Just picked mine up. Will be getting acquainted this weekend, taking pics, hopefully a range trip, etc. Shall report back with impressions.

I expect I'll at least want to replace the rear sight at some point (three-dots get me confused). Any recommendations appreciated. Would need something user-installable (no special pusher or anything needed).

Will of course need a good holster too.

ETA: Oh yeah, I also got the form for the rebate for $50 and two free mags. This seems like a surprisingly good deal.

Feedback Score
    This pic went under the "Everything Else Picture Thread" before there was an M&P picture thread. Still diggin' my M&P.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So I have to ask- those of you with 45s, did you want or consider the safety version?

Would anyone want the safety version?

Is the 45 the same size as the full size 9mm?

Sorry but tonight I'm on a real serious M&P kick...

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz View Post
    So I have to ask- those of you with 45s, did you want or consider the safety version?
    No. Switched from 1911's to Glocks a few years ago, and was used to running without a manula safety. Wanted to keep things the same when I went to M&P's.

Would anyone want the safety version?
    For someone who is used to running a 1911, or wants to run an M&P in addition to a 1911, then the thumb safety keeps the methods of operation prett ymuch the same between the two.

Is the 45 the same size as the full size 9mm?

Sorry but tonight I'm on a real serious M&P kick...
    No. The 45 is a bit larger frame wise, and has a slightly longer slide/barrel.
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Still smaller than a 1911 in length and grip height though?

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    Almost identical to a standard fullsize 1911 all the way around. As I understand it, S&W did this on purpose, and wisely so.
    Protego quod vallo.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackscot View Post
    Just picked mine up. Will be getting acquainted this weekend, taking pics, hopefully a range trip, etc. Shall report back with impressions......
    Well, I must say, I am......just amazed, really.

Took along the G19 and shot it actually first. Several rounds at an IDPA target, double-taps, etc......OK, yeah -- I know what that's like.

Then shot the M&P, and what a difference ! ! !

I had always just accepted that the G19 was a little snappy. After all, it's a lightweight plastic gun, and at least this particular model in 9mm is less severe than the .40 or .45 models.

But the M&P was actually smooth to the point of being nearly effortless. I don't think I've handled a gun with this kind of feel since my Beretta VERTEC, a much bulkier and heavier design. The difference of the M&P from the G19 reminded me of when you get a brand-new set of really good radial tires on your vehicle.

And I'm really not sure what accounts for such a big difference. Size is no more than 5% greater than the G19, and weight no more than 7%. Can only figure that the superior fit to the hand transfers the force of the shot a lot more efficiently.

Regarding the latter topic, I've got some pics coming that I'll post in a separate thread, hopefully tomorrow.

In the meantime, consider me officially "IN".

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    OK, since this is supposed to be a photo thread.....

.....here's mine alongside his big bro.

.....snuggle, snuggle.....grunt,grunt......

Feedback Score

Protego quod vallo.

Page 4 of 285 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast