Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: School me on the Sig Sauer P250

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)

Question School me on the Sig Sauer P250

This is one of the few pistols I purchased without doing any research on. I picked it up and held it and it just felt right in my hand. I have the 9MM compact and it fits perfectly in my hand. I am a Glock man and will always be. I know Sig has gone downhill lately but I like this pistol. I fired 50 rounds out of it when I brought it home and the recoil was light enough for my 8 year old to shoot and it ran very smoothly. I only found one post in the search function and if anyone has any experience with it, good or bad, please chime in.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Save your money....
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    Total POS. Seen more than one (9mm and .40) take a shit dive during handgun classes, even with a variety of premium ammo. More FTE/FTF than one can count, and the poor end user had to resort to a .38 Caliber revolver to complete the class.

You could not give me a P250, in any caliber.
    SSG Jimmy Ide- KIA 28 Aug 10, Hyderabad, AFG

1SG Blue Rowe- KIA 26 May 09, Panjshir, AFG.

RIP Brothers

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    OUCH GUYS!!!!!
    Keep it coming.
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    Lets just say that there's a reason that you see em in the clearance racks for $359.00....
    SSG Jimmy Ide- KIA 28 Aug 10, Hyderabad, AFG

1SG Blue Rowe- KIA 26 May 09, Panjshir, AFG.

RIP Brothers

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Yeah, I paid less than that new in the box with tax. I have a bunch of pistols, mostly Glocks but this one seemed to fit me nice. I have not seen many of these pistols around in my area so there was no way to test it out first. 50 rounds is by far not enough rounds to make a decision on the pistol but it ran fine. My class pistol is a Glock 34 and this P250 would be just one of my shooters. I do not own any pistols that I feel are not good enough to protect myself or others with but I will take everyone's advice and put a few rounds through it and decide if it needs to go into the used gun case at the shop.
    Last edited by CoryCop25; 11-25-10 at 14:15.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Read this thread:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...highlight=P250\\

Highlights:

GAO document on the Sig P250's failure in the BATFE pistol trials - http://www.gao.gov/decisions/bidpro/4023393.htm

Also note that the only US agency to adopt the P250, the FAMS, encountered so many problems and failures with the P250 that they recalled the weapons from service. Now about a million dollars worth of P250's sit in a warehouse collecting dust because that's all they were suitable for.

These would all be clues about the suitability of that weapon as a tool of personal defense.

Feedback Score
    IMO, a High Point would be more reliable and durable than the P250. Sig's reputation is no longer what it used to be. Stick with your Glocks and you'll be well served. No real or compelling need to look elsewhere.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    Read this thread:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...highlight=P250\\

Highlights:

GAO document on the Sig P250's failure in the BATFE pistol trials - http://www.gao.gov/decisions/bidpro/4023393.htm

Also note that the only US agency to adopt the P250, the FAMS, encountered so many problems and failures with the P250 that they recalled the weapons from service. Now about a million dollars worth of P250's sit in a warehouse collecting dust because that's all they were suitable for.

These would all be clues about the suitability of that weapon as a tool of personal defense.
    Thanks 777, good read.

Feedback Score
    The Beancounters were fully in charge when the 250 was marketed. A pistol built to a price point. Again...WHY they are available at blow out prices on a few sales sites.

Run away.... And this is coming from one of the SIG faithful too.

FN in MT

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast