Page 68 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast

Thread: Comparison Chart of Major AR Brands

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    2 is a footnote. You then go to the bottom of the chart to see what it means. Thus finding out there gun is now where near TDP, unless you custom order a bunch of options.
    Uh, CMMG is NOT the only one getting a footnote. Did you not see that BM, RRA and Armalite have them as well??????

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Uh, CMMG is NOT the only one getting a footnote. Did you not see that BM, RRA and Armalite have them as well??????

C4
    Yes that is why I write:

Again, no footnotes for anybody. Go with the the standard config.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    After looking the chart over closely, I honestly do not believe that Armalite, RRA, BM, etc should have options checked next their names either. Reason is that it is RARE to find any of these weapon with TPD following specs. None of these companies have pull downs that lets the consumer easily order say a 4150, 1/7 twist barrel.

Just to kind of prove my point about what is ACTUALLY in gun shops, I just logged onto RSR and pulled up DPMS and BM. I scrolled through the options (barrel length, stock options, etc) and NONE OF THEM offer different barrel steels, twist rates or any other mil-spec features. So there is little to no chance that average gun shops are EVER going to see a BM, Armalite, DPMS, RRA with TDP following specs.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Yes that is why I write:

Again, no footnotes for anybody. Go with the the standard config.

Uhm, you tried to make the case the CMMG was getting special treatment with the footnotes. They are not.

C4

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    It's days like this that make me wish there was no chart.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

LOL, me too.

In all honesty, it is good to hear what people think of the chart and how it is laid out.

I personally now think that all the optional "2's" should be removed as it is nearly impossible to find a TDP following DPMS, RRA, etc in a gun shop/show.

C4

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    LOL, me too.

In all honesty, it is good to hear what people think of the chart and how it is laid out.

I personally now think that all the optional "2's" should be removed as it is nearly impossible to find a TDP following DPMS, RRA, etc in a gun shop/show.

C4
    Except that as soon as I change it there will be some other whiner wanting it the other way. There is no way to win.

The chart, as it currently appears, will be making is hard-copy debut in a publication shortly. I'm not going to be making any major format changes until then. Content changes, if proven that something in the chart is incorrect, will be made, but not format.

Feedback Score

Sorry to cause you so much grief. Just trying to help.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Except that as soon as I change it there will be some other whiner wanting it the other way. There is no way to win.

The chart, as it currently appears, will be making is hard-copy debut in a publication shortly. I'm not going to be making any major format changes until then. Content changes, if proven that something in the chart is incorrect, will be made, but not format.

Rob, there will ALWAYS be whiners. Especially the ones that feel that their favorite brand is not being well represented here. I do think that if DPMS cannot have number two's next to their name, then NONE of them should have it as they are all in the same boat.

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Uhm, you tried to make the case the CMMG was getting special treatment with the footnotes. They are not.

C4
    No the other way around, DPMS was being denied when others were allowed to have footnotes. CMMG being the prime example.

Page 68 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast