Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MRP upper on POF lower?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

MRP upper on POF lower?

I know...blasphemy. But I really like the ambi bolt release on the POF lowers.
    Will a LMT 308 upper pin on the POF 308 lower?
    TIA

Feedback Score
    Really you will have to get both and try it yourself. Neither company will admit if it will work and will be pissed at you asking. I don't know anyone with a POF or I would put my MWS upper on it for you.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Can't answer your question, but I'd happily take the LMT lower off your hands if you do pull that swap!

Feedback Score

mrp upper on pof lower

I don't know about the POF lower specifically but I emailed LMT and asked if the MWS upper will work with dpms-type lower and the answer was yes. They're also planning on selling the upper seperately sometime in late 2010 or early 2011.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by moneey View Post
    I don't know about the POF lower specifically but I emailed LMT and asked if the MWS upper will work with dpms-type lower and the answer was yes. They're also planning on selling the upper seperately sometime in late 2010 or early 2011.
    Schweet!

Feedback Score
    I hate to say a company's wrong but they're wrong. The LMT 308 upper will not fit on the POF lower. If it was 5.56 it would work but not 308. Look at the back of the upper receiver - it's cut like an Armalite, the POF is cut like a DPMS. The Knights/LMT uses DPMS style magazines but their uppers are not compatible with DPMS style lowers.
    The DPMS is rounded where the LMT is angled. Only lowers that fit LMT uppers (308) are LMT, KAC, Larue and maybe the new Mega but not sure on the Mega.

Feedback Score
    Interesting. However are you going off of personal experience (trial/error) or off of pictures?

Feedback Score
    If you sit the guns side by side (which I have done) you will see that the receivers are different. The LMT looks like an AR10 upper.

Or, Ask KevinB if the KAC 308 upper receiver will work on a POF 308 lower. The KAC and LMT are the same receiver pattern.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the advice but I am satisfied with the reply from LMT.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    A word of caution. Sometimes the people answering phones don't know what they are talking about.

Thanks for the advice but I am satisfied with the reply from LMT.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast