Thread: what are these?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

what are these?

Last edited by bkb0000; 08-31-10 at 12:41.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Must be a member to view that attachment.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    fixed

for those who dont want to click, he says they are both identical, appear to be .40s, slide along the pin, the don't appear to be openable. somebody suggested they might be blanks that cycle the pistol.
    Last edited by bkb0000; 08-31-10 at 12:43.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    fixed

for those who dont want to click, he says they are both identical, appear to be .40s, slide along the pin, the don't appear to be openable. somebody suggested they might be blanks that cycle the pistol.
    A blank? I think they look more like snap caps. They may snap back and cycle the slide, but I am not sure. It just look slike a funky snap cap to me; hard to tell wihtout handling one.

They look suspiciously similar to piston bullets; you know the silent type that have a small charge behind a piston that propells the bullet. Ones the ruskies used in the clandestine camera & cigarette case pistols of the ole days.

I woul dbet they are somehow related to a piston bullet system...
    Last edited by THCDDM4; 08-31-10 at 13:43.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Thats what I was thinking...the internals of the piston bullet
    Matthew 10:28

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sadmin View Post
    Thats what I was thinking...the internals of the piston bullet
    The more I look at the OP's photo, the more they appear to be piston bullet components; you can almost see/visualize the telescoping piston design, but I do not have a good enough perspective to tell for sure.. Pretty nifty to find them at the range on accident; those are fairly expensive & extremely hard to procure if that is what they are!!!!!

Other than by pure luck; can one even find/buy a piston bullet? Are they regualted or illegal in any way? Would they be considered NFA items?
    Last edited by THCDDM4; 08-31-10 at 13:10.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...