Feedback Score

mid length gas system vs carbine length

isn't the mid length better, more reliable? why? thanks

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Feedback Score
    yea, thanks i found some more info after i posted. thanks
    seems like middy is the way to go
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 04-14-10 at 06:54.

Feedback Score
    I recently reversed my "buy a middy" trend. My partner and I work overseas in contested areas, and we most often are able to get M4 carbines as rifles. So, we are doing identical builds with carbine gas systems in order to replicate M4s for training purposes. Also, in those places where we can legally bring our own, we'll be able to share some common parts/get repairs.

I never thought I'd be buying a new carbine length gas system after having owned a middy.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 120mm View Post
    I recently reversed my "buy a middy" trend. My partner and I work overseas in contested areas, and we most often are able to get M4 carbines as rifles. So, we are doing identical builds with carbine gas systems in order to replicate M4s for training purposes. Also, in those places where we can legally bring our own, we'll be able to share some common parts/get repairs.

I never thought I'd be buying a new carbine length gas system after having owned a middy.
    I keep at least one carbine length gas system upper around for parts commonality issues as well. I notice a difference between the two systems, but I don't really care at the end of the day. Maybe I would if I did a lot of high round count training.

Feedback Score
    I decided in favor of the Midlength gas system the first time I put one to my shoulder. I could actually put my left hand where I wanted it, unlike with the Carbine length guns.

I like having a FSB, so just going with a low-profile gas block on a Carbine length gun doesn't appeal to me.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I personally have decided to never even try a midlength. I own 4 carbine length and if I don't know what I'm missing I won't feel the burning desire to switch everything out. Right now it's just a bic lighter size flame buried deep inside.
    "We prepare, so we don't end up at the superdome"- unknown

"IMHO, if you wanted to shoot crap ammo, you should have bought a crap upper. It makes baby Jesus cry when he sees crap ammo put through a nice upper."- C4IGrant

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DTHN2LGS View Post
    I decided in favor of the Midlength gas system the first time I put one to my shoulder. I could actually put my left hand where I wanted it, unlike with the Carbine length guns.

I like having a FSB, so just going with a low-profile gas block on a Carbine length gun doesn't appeal to me.
    What about something like this?
    http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...4A1-RIS-II-FSP
    Dustin

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DTHN2LGS View Post

I agree with this comment. I like having a high grip ton the rails and a slight reach. I don't like having my arms tight to my body because the muzzle jumps a lot more. I really don't feel a difference in recoil like they say but I just like the full reach. I did notice that the chamber is a little cleaner than on the carbine length.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    no point in getting carbine when the middy costs the same in nearly all cases, and better in nearly every way

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast