Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Miniature red dots on Glocks

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Miniature red dots on Glocks

I noticed a few posts about mounting Trijicon's RMR on MP's. I wonder if the same options exist for Glocks? Does someone make a mount that fits into the existing dovetail on the slide or do I need to have the slide machined. Also, did anyone try mounting Aimpoint H/T-1 on a Glock using their mount?
    Would the electronic-less RMR be a better choise due to slide movement?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by andy t View Post
    I noticed a few posts about mounting Trijicon's RMR on MP's. I wonder if the same options exist for Glocks? Does someone make a mount that fits into the existing dovetail on the slide or do I need to have the slide machined. Also, did anyone try mounting Aimpoint H/T-1 on a Glock using their mount?
    Would the electronic-less RMR be a better choise due to slide movement?

Thanks.
    Short answer, YES. There are actually more options for the Glock.

Trijicon is about to come out with mounts for the Glock and M&P. Aimpoint also has them for their Micro's.

I personally like the dual illuminated RMR (as it is virtually bullet proof). As with any of this stuff, there is a negative to everything so.

C4

Feedback Score
    Here is one of Bowie's Glocks:

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I just had one of my 17's milled to accept the RMR (tritium/fiber) sight. I like it a lot.

Chris

Feedback Score
    Quite the new rage in Glocks. There is a lot of threads over on Warrior Talk and Gabe is working on one along with other posters there.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A picture of mine is on WT, same nickname over there.

Chris

ETA:
    Last edited by CCK; 03-13-10 at 22:13. Reason: adding picture from WT

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Short answer, YES. There are actually more options for the Glock.

Trijicon is about to come out with mounts for the Glock and M&P. Aimpoint also has them for their Micro's.

I personally like the dual illuminated RMR (as it is virtually bullet proof). As with any of this stuff, there is a negative to everything so.

C4
    Grant, those mounts that Trijicon is working on...how low will they be? I'm tempted to wait for them before I have a slide milled.

Thanks,
    John

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Down Side

Anybody what is the down side to these style sights. My eyes are having a hard time picking up the front sight on my 1911 .

Can these style sights be put on a 1911,are they sturdy enough for duty use.

Thank you in advance.
    D Williams.

Feedback Score
    As I noted on another thread, some of the older SWAT guys around here have used mini-RDS on their 1911's and Glocks for the last couple of years without any major problems. SWAT cop and gunsmith David Bowie has mentioned using mini-RDS for LE Tactical, Patrol, and off-duty CCW for 6 years without any issues. Note that for serious use, I believe I would only use one of the mini-red dot sights if it is milled into the slide and has an adequate BU capability (laser, iron sights, ghost ring effect) in the event of a RDS failure.

Below is one of the systems we have been using as a test bed:

Last edited by DocGKR; 03-14-10 at 01:33.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever View Post
    Grant, those mounts that Trijicon is working on...how low will they be? I'm tempted to wait for them before I have a slide milled.

Thanks,
    John
    They will basically put the RMR on the slide. It won't be as low as having the slide milled though.

C4

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast