Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tar-21

Feedback Score

tar-21

Sorry if I just missed it, but were there any updates at Shot by Charles Daly about the future release of their tar-21?

Feedback Score
    Charles Daly closed their doors earlier this year.

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009

"When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead . . . Only then will you have done your share." - Phil Messina

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    They closed their doors? That makes sense. The Violence Policy Center was using the fact that Charles Daly dropped their AR-15 line as a fact that nobody wants ARs any more. Of course it is all BS but people buy into it. Article below.

www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=5564
    I like franks & beans

Feedback Score
    Is anyone else thinking about tackling the tavor for the U.S. consumer? Or should I stop dreaming about shouldering one these? Thanks for the info guys

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Preach View Post
    Is anyone else thinking about tackling the tavor for the U.S. consumer? Or should I stop dreaming about shouldering one these? Thanks for the info guys
    I sure hope so, that was the one that caught my eye, more so than the Scar, ACR, and Msar.
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Preach View Post

There's an established company with close ties to the manufacturer in Israel who might be working to bring this to market, but I wouldn't advise holding your breath.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    There's an established company with close ties to the manufacturer in Israel who might be working to bring this to market, but I wouldn't advise holding your breath.
    Magnum Research?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Maybe Taurus as they have the tooling, specs and license to manufacture the Tavor in Brazil.
    I like franks & beans

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayoneone View Post
    Maybe Taurus as they have the tooling, specs and license to manufacture the Tavor in Brazil.
    I'm sorry, am I missing something?

From what I understood, the reason why Tavors cannot be imported from Israel is that a certain amount of the parts have to be manufactured in the US. So how would license manufacture of the Tavor in Brazil help get them to the US civilian market?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Not Taurus, thankfully.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast