Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BadAss Dump Pouch... EAG Tactical dumper review

Feedback Score

BadAss Dump Pouch... EAG Tactical dumper review

Repost from lightfighter...
    This has been a while coming since I was able to pick up one of these awesome items from an EAG Tactical Operators Course back in October.

First off I wanted to point out that I have used 4 other types of dump pouches up to now, (CSM Gear, Maxpedition, Diamondback Tactical, and EMDOM). This DP has it all! Seriously, all the good features of the previous 4 rolled together with some innovation and you get the EAG DP. I think its constructed of 500D, I am not completely sure, so maybe Pat can chime in. it also is manufactured by Crye Precision.

Features of this item are very numerous, but one of them is heads and heels above anything else that I have seen. It’s the closing and securing method of the mouth of the DP. It is two semi-rigid pieces of kydex type material that slide between a webbing strap and are snapped to the sides. As you open the pouch they “lock” into place and hold t he mouth open. When you close it they slide back and “unlock” to ensure the mouth actually closes and stays that way under light pressure. Its really easy and a head-slapper when you see it. See the pictures to see what I mean.

Pals on the outside are present if you wanted to attach anything else. The mouth also has a nylon and elastic drawstring to completely close off the mouth. The securing strap for rolling it up on the top also folds back under and secures inside the pouch out of the way when you need to get your mitts back in there.
    I don’t think I have explained well, so I have included a video to show how easy it opens and closes.

The Pouch itself is very compact and holds its flop to a minimum. It has three attachment points MOLLE style and also can be fitted directly to a belt. Both Velcro and snaps secure it. The Multicam one has all matching webbing; I cant say much for the other colors but the ones I saw from Pat Rogers also had matching webbing for CB, and Foliage. When it rolls up it has a Velcro closure strap and secures it perfectly and tight out of the way. I have it mounted on my lower row of loops for a lower reach and it secures completely out of the way and forms with the belt as it bends.

Here are comparison photos to show how another pouch stayed open and flops. It dumped my mags when I went prone too.

As it wears with gear and actually with stuff in it, I would say this is where it shines. It held 2 M4 mags without a problem and kept them from falling out while moving and doing drills. I also had loose rounds in the DP for drills in there without any of them falling out or causing trouble. You can see how it kind of folds flat to my ass and stays there. Not saying “flop” is completely removed, but its definitely less pronounced.
    With gear: (thanks to Pat for the pics)

Open with 4 Mags:

Closed with 4 Mags:

So, if you get a chance to hit up an EAG class in the future, pick one of these bad boys up. They are definitely a good addition to feed your gear fetish! I cant really think of any Con other than to say that the Nylon with drawstring cinch to close the mouth could be a little more heavy duty. The hook side velcro of the securing strap are starting to chew it up a bit. its not going to fail but it can snag and cause runs in the nylon.

Word on the street is that they will be up on his website soon for order. Until then beg borrow and steal! Just not from him.
    Warrior Shoot Event Group Inc.
    "Abilities! Not Disabilities."

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Thank you very much for the review. I had read about the pouch in one of Rob's posts. I was just about to buy another pouch, and I'll wait for this one.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    where does one find one of these? thanks.
    "Buy once, cry once. Or not. Many of you will undoubtedly be zombies one day. I'd prefer if you were zombies with sub-par gear."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That looks very functionable and well thought out!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I could do without the molle webbing on the pouch body.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This looks like a great product. Great review too.

I have a BFG soc-c belt on order and would like to try one of these out but I'm having a hard time locating one for sale. I have looked at the EAG Tactical site under products and didn't see any. Submitted an email via their website a couple of days ago and haven't received a response yet.

Any help?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm using the Maxpedition Rolly Poly right now. This looks like it will be the next one I'll try.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by whiterabbit05 View Post
    I'm using the Maxpedition Rolly Poly right now. This looks like it will be the next one I'll try.

Thanks.
    Let me know if you find out where to pick one up.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I've been using the Maxpedition as well and have been pretty happy with over the last 3+ years. While the EAG has the ability to lock open and might retain mags a little better I like how the Rolly Polly folds up into a pretty compact package yet opens up to hold up to 7 mags. If I ever get a chance to pick up one of these I might have to check it out though... thanks for the review!
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    That is a nice dump pouch. What kind of holster are you using?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast