Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help! - Oly crash & burn... :0(

Feedback Score

Help! - Oly crash & burn... :0(

I hadn't quite made it thru 200 rnds. of AmEagle XM193 when this K3B malfs. I strip out the PMAG to find the bolt will only pulllback about half way, showing brass - but not enough to lock the bolt back. It will not separate when the takedown pin is pulled; almost as if the buffer tube jumped its niche and is locking up the takedown. Help?!?!?!....

P.S.: Okay, okay - go ahead and say it...I can take it....!!!
    Last edited by Doogie; 10-19-09 at 16:57.
    "Strength and Honor."

Feedback Score
    83 (100%)
    Interesting. Do you have pictures?

Feedback Score
    Do you mean to say;"As if the buffer has jumped over the buffer retention detent stop."?
    If that is the case, it will likely be necessary to remove both the castle nut and the receiver extension tube. Then, you will be able to remove the buffer from the rear.
    P.S. Don't forget there are springs involved.
    Last edited by geminidglocker; 10-19-09 at 17:03.

Feedback Score
    That's what it "feels" like; can't understand why the upper and lower will not pivot apart. Can't see anything except light in the <1/16" of an inch it actually DOES come apart...
    "Strength and Honor."

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    It is most likely a blown out primer floating around between the upper and the BCG. It could also be the cam pin (the part that connects the bolt to the carrier). You will most likely have to remove the receiver extension and remove the bolt and other parts through the rear of the receiver.
    There is a special tool you can buy that will stop this from happening ever again. It's called a Noveske N4.
    ETA: Didn't think about the buffer retaining pin but it still needs to come apart the same way.
    Last edited by CoryCop25; 10-19-09 at 17:06.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Have you tried pushing out both pins front and rear?

Feedback Score
    Copy the N4 ....."advice"..... !!!!!!!!! LOL
    "Strength and Honor."

Feedback Score
    I'de just like to commend those of us, whom instead of just flaming his rifle, are genuinely trying to figure out his issue. From a gunsmithing stand point, I'm just interested to learn about the issue, not bash the brand. Oh, and I agree, Try removing both receiver pins.
    Last edited by geminidglocker; 10-19-09 at 20:03.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Where in western WA are you? Can you bring it to Rainier?

Feedback Score
    Let me say this about that, geminidglocker: Thank you ALL for the respect. I had a bit of trepidation about posting this "Help!", but, as I've come to 'know' this forum, between the rolling eyes and the flaming arrows - lies a path to resolution. I turned to the people I have come to think of as knowledgeable on this one because it was important to me to fix the problem and learn, too. If things had worked out differently at purchase time, yeah, sure: I'd have gladly gone another route. But it didn't. So - you do what you can.....

Will advise ~

Doogie
    Last edited by Doogie; 10-19-09 at 18:16.
    "Strength and Honor."

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast