Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: HK MR556/MR762 info

ToddG Guest

HK MR556/MR762 info

(based on a discussion I had this afternoon with HK-USA's president this afternoon)

HK is hoping to having the MR556 and MR762 available by 1Q10. Right now, they are working with ATF to produce the requisite number of parts domestically while keeping the price down. So for the time being, there is no MSRP set.

The plan is to have 16" and 20" barrel versions.

There are no plans to produce the guns in other calibers.

Umarex .22lr versions of the 416, MP5, and MP7 have been licensed. The first ones should be on display at SHOT. No final decision has been made about which model(s) will be available first.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    (based on a discussion I had this afternoon with HK-USA's president this afternoon)

HK is hoping to having the MR556 and MR762 available by 1Q10. Right now, they are working with ATF to produce the requisite number of parts domestically while keeping the price down. So for the time being, there is no MSRP set.

The plan is to have 16" and 20" barrel versions.

There are no plans to produce the guns in other calibers.

Umarex .22lr versions of the 416, MP5, and MP7 have been licensed. The first ones should be on display at SHOT. No final decision has been made about which model(s) will be available first.
    Thanks for the post Todd. I am looking forward to the release of both and REALLY hope HK comes to their senses on the MR556 and that it uses a standard location for the rear takedown pin.

As for the Umarex variants, those are going to be pretty neat. But what I really want is for HK to release a civ-legal pistol version of the MP7 so I can SBR it.

Again, thanks for the update.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Thanks for the post Todd. I am looking forward to the release of both and REALLY hope HK comes to their senses on the MR556 and that it uses a standard location for the rear takedown pin.
    Sorry to burst your bubble! But it ain't going to happen.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Thanks for the update, Todd! I'll also add my preference for standard takedown pins in case HK actually reads threads like this one, but agree that such is unlikely.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    also, if the MR556 is exactly like our european version (the MR223):
    the bolt is different from standard 416 one and the thread on the muzzle are metric so american muzzle brakes or flash hiders wont work...
    *** Damn Proud to Be an American Ally ! ***

The Armory:
    Colt 6601 - Colt 6731 - Colt 613 - Steyr StG.58 - M1 Carbine - Galil SAR - CZ Scorpion EVO - Franchi PA8 - Glock 17 - Pietta/Colt SAA 1873 - SA 1911A1 Mil Spec - Ruger LCP

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What is different about the bolt?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    the carrier is a semiauto version and has to lock into a lug that stick from the chamber
    I hope for you guys the MR556 will be different from the MR223

Last edited by Frens; 07-22-09 at 14:04.
    *** Damn Proud to Be an American Ally ! ***

The Armory:
    Colt 6601 - Colt 6731 - Colt 613 - Steyr StG.58 - M1 Carbine - Galil SAR - CZ Scorpion EVO - Franchi PA8 - Glock 17 - Pietta/Colt SAA 1873 - SA 1911A1 Mil Spec - Ruger LCP

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Interesting...Thanks for the picture Frens.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I am pretty excited about the MR762, if it can be delivered with the kinks of the 417 worked out it will be my next rifle purchase.

ETA- If price is reasonable, of course
    Last edited by Failure2Stop; 07-26-09 at 19:12. Reason: cost
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    what is that lug that sticks out from the carrier supposed to do? reduce/eliminate carrier tilt or just force the end user to use a proprietary bolt and carrier?

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast