Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Force Gear Vickers Combat Applications Sling - single point mod

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Blue Force Gear Vickers Combat Applications Sling - single point mod

Only had this for dry runs around the house this morning. The snap-hook is from an AK and is not ideal, and the front attachment point could use work. Will give it a workout on Tuesday at drills night.

Clearly inspired by the Magpul MS2, but with a few changes to address issues I have found in my use of the MS2. Primarily the jaws and the width of material, as well as the resistance to adjustment of the MS2.

Two-point attachment point (courtesy West Marine)

Set up as two-point

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Looks cool... Looking forward to hearing how it shakes out.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Whining in a forum that people have seen your thread, but not replied, reeks of an odd brand of desperation. - Me

Titling your thread "To XYZ or Not to XYZ" will cause me to completely ignore your thread.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You need a front mount that is gold plated, then you could be a pimp!

Looks functional Rob, I wouldn't be stunned to see a production version at some point.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Unfortunately boaters aren't too fond of tactical black.

I posted this on lightfighter and several others that had come up with their own versions posted as well. Of course, I like mine best.

I think the 2" steel ring I'm using needs to be smaller, but I need to settle on a snaphook that I like first in order to determine how much room I need.

Feedback Score
    Nice. I use my BFG sling as a SP and 2P with an ASAP. I ended up ordering the BFG H&K hooks, and they work really good.

http://dsgarms.com/index.cfm/product...ed---khaki.cfm

DSG has a ton of different sling hardware to experiment with.

Feedback Score
    Looks like it will work well, love DIY. Is the mount on your front sight tower robust enough to mount a light IYO? Sorry to get of course.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
    Looks like it will work well, love DIY. Is the mount on your front sight tower robust enough to mount a light IYO? Sorry to get of course.
    It's been working well with a Surefire X300. I just took the light off for the pics.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    LOVING this setup. A few minor tweaks needed here and there but I ran it last night and it worked out great, AND addressed many of the issues I was having with the MS2. I'd still like a better clip than the one from the AK sling, but that same clip held this same sling on my AK for a year and nearly 4k rounds so I'm having a hard time doubting it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks good!
    I like girl scout cookies.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I like the Ms2 alot, but im not found of the lock jaw do dad. However between the Ms2, and my Gear Sector, I use both of them just as much for my working systems. The Vickers you modified looks like the best of both worlds of my two. I'm not sure what kind of attachment device would be best, but I'm thinking a plain jane HK hook would be good.

Keep it up, I'm sure your going to find the answer before your done
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast