Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Review: MULTITASKER

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Review: MULTITASKER

http://multitaskertools.com/info.html

I have recently been looking for a multi tool to carry in my chest rig. After looking around at some of the other designs on the market, I decided to give the multi tasker a try. This thread http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=28046 is where my search began.

Initial thoughts:

This tool is built like a tank. It is a little heavy (11 oz), though considering the tools it replaces I would suggest it's not that heavy. The G10 grips are comfortable and secure. The tanto blade came hair popping sharp, I prefer tanto for this application for the straight edge. The knife also has a liner lock that is solid. There's a larue wrench 3/8" boxed, it works as advertised. Standard file with sharp chisel tip. Bent tip carbon scraper is handy and can be used in more than one cleaning application. I like the castle nut wrench but I couldn't test it since I have a magpul UBR, I would assume this wouldn't be used for torqing just for field tightening. There is also a front sight adjustment tool that doubles as a screwdriver with included bits. The shaft is long enough to reach the pistol grip screw, added plus for me. The bits are well made w/ball detent (hollow ground from high carbon steel) and most sizes are AR15 typically used sizes. Overall initial impressions are this tool is what I have been looking for. Lets get on with some pictures

Picture review:

G10 panels really set this tool apart from most multi tools on the market. The bolts are extremely rugged for my untrained eye.

Simple needle nose pliers with wire cutter. Straight forward, essential.

Castle nut wrench. Not sturdy enough to torque, however plenty sturdy enough to tighten those unstaked castle nuts so your range day dosent end pre-maturely.

4 Prong front post sight adjustment as well as screw driver bit holder. The prongs on this adjustment tool do not bend like other sight tools I've owned in the past.

The bits are commonly used sizes in most AR15 accesories. (2 flathead, 1 phillips, T10 Torx, T15 Torx, plus 3/32”, 7/64”, 1/8”, 9/64” and 3/16” hex bits)

The larue wrench.(3/8") I know what you're thinking "larue sent me one with my mount" well I understand this one comes already mounted in every Multitasker. Free with purchase of Multitasker

As you can see this tanto is for lefties. I bet if the designer was right handed then this wouldn't be mounted wrong

Liner lock. Locks up good, I would be willing to say all my folders have liner locks. Leatherman probably has a trademark on their multitool locks.

Needle nose are small enough to get the retaining pin out.

Chisel tip. Until I used this I had never cleaned out the bolt carrier.

The bent tip scraper has a perfect radius to it. I understand this was inspired by the Chinese traditional bamboo ear-wax pickers. I used to just scrape this crud off with a pocket knife, state of the art cleaning

Also gets down inside those hard to reach places in your BCG.

YECK!! Actually most of the chunks went flying while this scraper worked.

Heres a look at the shims. If I recall correctly the shims are brass instead of plastic.

I was told the case may be redesigned. I would like to see some Olive drab. I know digital is the new black but I still prefer OD.

Final thoughts:

This Multitasker fits my needs and does so in a compact durable design. The tools that fold away into this multitool cannot be carried on my chest rig like this can. In fact I would suggest to anyone that has a better design get producing, though I think you'll be surprised to find there is experience in this design. The designer also put the 1911 tool on the market and it has it's place as does this tool. I have other multi tools (leathermans) several in fact and they will stay where they are, though my multitool will be in my administrative pouch on my rig. Only suggestion I could come up with for the designer is to design a better way to get the sight tool out, perhaps a thumb catch of some sort. Also an OD case would be better for me. Knife seams like it is for lefties and this could be neccesary with clearances, kinda a non issue.

This is my first review and I hope it helps in some way. I have been wanting to write reviews for some time. I wish I could have had more in depth discussion, though I prefer the reader to see what I can show them with pictures. I have got to get a better camera and lighting. I hope to do a review on at least one of the other multi tools, my dad has the one on order that goes in the grip.
    slide show of my product testing
    http://img41.imageshack.us/slideshow...128928z98.smil
    Last edited by tinman44; 06-16-09 at 03:19.
    "Unfortunately 87.26% of the quotes and statistics on the internet are lies." - Abraham Lincoln
    Stupid should hurt
    I carry a gun cuz cops are too heavy!

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    tinman,

I have two that were sent to me as well for T&E purposes. The other was given to another armorer on a different contract. I'll be posting my review down the road.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    That looks like a cool tool. The handles look nice. I like how the pouch has a section to hold the bits.

Is it just me or are the bolts/rivets whatever holds the thing together made to look like forward assist buttons?
    Last edited by EzGoingKev; 06-16-09 at 16:53.

Feedback Score
    We are getting ready to run these in a series of classes and events more later.

Feedback Score

MultiTasker

Great review. Great pictures. Really cool tool. Much better than the Samson Field Survivor I have now. Can't wait to get a MultiTasker!!!!!

Feedback Score
    great tool bro! i own one just recently, a must have for an AR owners

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Very interesting concept.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    Is it just me or are the bolts/rivets whatever holds the thing together made to look like forward assist buttons?
    Yes

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Any of you other guys that planned to test these have results yet?
    "Unfortunately 87.26% of the quotes and statistics on the internet are lies." - Abraham Lincoln
    Stupid should hurt
    I carry a gun cuz cops are too heavy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast